Chapter 79: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

I am very excited for the arc. Re-watching it has been a blast haha. So much happens and it's all so quick and together and no fillers. Which is fab cause I'm not a fan of fillers. 

Also just a quick update on how the poll is doing! In first place, we have no one, but a very close second is Kakashi. Gaara is in Third but nearly tied with him is Shikamaru. We also have two write-ins for Naruto and Death haha. 

**Edit: Voting closed as of 2016**

The next update on the poll will be with the next update of this story.

Anyways please enjoy, comment and vote! :) 

**

Madara

It was finally time to hunt for the nine-tails. My only concern being that since Pein killed Jiraiya, the leaf will have their sights set on him. The more time that passes, the more likely they're going to have a plan against him. Normally that wouldn't concern me either, but Rin was now a problem.

"You know that brat can't take me" Pein objected.

"I'm aware" I replied shortly.

"But we've lost information of her whereabouts, even in just a few weeks the Princess is capable of advancing quickly." I reminded and Konan rolled her eyes.

"If we don't know where she is then how do we know she'll be in the leaf?" She argued.

"Because she knows we're after the nine-tails, and she knows Sasuke has his sights set on Konoha's destruction. This battle will not be as easy as we predicted."

"You're the one that let her leave, I'd have sooner killed her than let her return to the Leaf" Pein reminded and I sighed.

"You know why we need her alive, which is why I task it to both of you to bring her back." I said firmly.

"Alive but subdued. With Itachi out of the picture she's alone, an easier target."

"And Sasuke?" Pein asked.

"She has already sided against him; in the end he'll stand with us" I replied confidently.

"That's what you said about Rin" Konan reminded.

"Yes, well she follows more after Itachi than I could have imagined. Assuming she would fall in line with Sasuke was a mistake, a mistake you two must compensate for. I want the nine-tails and I want the Princess, alive" I ordered, emphasizing the word alive.

"Only they remain" I added.

"And the eight tails?" Konan asked.

"Sasuke has already captured him" I replied as Pein stood up, the other parts of him walking from the shadows.

"Konan make all the preparations" He ordered.

"We leave now for the Hidden Leaf Village" I noticed it then, or at least thought I did. It was a flicker, a trick of the eye maybe but within the shadows I could have sworn I saw red eyes.

"What is it?" Pein asked and I stared at the wall, trying to see what I guess wasn't there.

"Nothing"

=============================================================================================

Shikamaru

Since my mission was completed Lady Tsunade allowed me to assist Rin's team in tracking Pein, and by assist it meant she needed Neji back on the field and Rin needed a guard. Something I was actually happy to help with. RIn was sitting at head head of the room, her legs crossed and hands held in a hand-sign. Dark chakra was dense around her and every shadow pulled towards her before extending outwards in multiple directions. She released slow breath after slow breath. Her eyes closed and focused. I noticed her flinch and stood, but didn't get closer.