Chapter 5: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: I like how this turned out haha so let me know what you think!**

 Deidara

Rin was unfortunately fast and with her sharingan she saw every detail. I hadn't' expected an easy fight but I didn't expect it to be this hard either. That stupid snake kept her from plummeting to her death and if he was even slightly off, or her defense weakened Gaara's sand came to the rescue.

"Chidori!" I groaned in frustration as Rin's jutsu sliced through my explosives. She was a lightning user and I was an earth, which was another advantage she had. I glared at her as she pushed off Gaara's sand and landed on the snake. Her Katana was in her hand with the chidori sparking around it. Her eyes were blazing red in the dark and it only fed my frustration. I noticed her give a look to Gaara, just a look and he nodded. These two worked to well together; I needed to separate them. I seemed to blink, just blink and Rin was gone. I felt a panic raise in me.

"What the..."

"Boo" I turned barely dodging a blade and bent back as Rin pulled her Katana across her body cutting off a few hairs from my bangs. She gave me no time to recover as she slammed her blade into my clay bird using it to give her some height as she raised a leg. I moved to block it but only stared wide eyed as she switched direction slamming her leg into my side; I heard a slight crack and released a groan as I nearly fell off the bird managing to catch onto its feathers and pull myself back up regardless of the protest from my ribs. I flinched when I felt her hand on my arm as she pulled me farther back onto the bird.

"Just give up Deidara, please" She whispered and I felt her hand clench a little tighter around my arm.

"Rin..." I looked up at her as she slid her Katana on her back and for a brief moment I saw a flash of Itachi that made my anger boil. She was exactly like him, if I gave into her I'd never be able to take on him.

"I can't" I heard her sigh and flinched when she held my hand down with her heel as she stood straight.

"Fine" Was all she responded. I noticed her do unfamiliar hand signs before she slammed her hand on the bird. 

"Dark style; dark chain jutsu!" I managed to pull back my hand but a moment to late as black chains tied me to the bird; Rin jumped back managing a back flip off the bird.

"Gaara now!" I struggled to pull one arm free as the sand began to move in around me. This was my only chance for Rin, she was vulnerable air born. I felt the clay bird's form in my hand and threw them forward. Those had to do their job and I had to get out of this.

Rin

I looked back just as Gaara's sand closed around Deidara; I had finally gotten in close enough to use my jutsu and give him the chance to finish it off. I knew he had been surprised when I first arrived but we did work well together. I pushed off a building as an explosive hit it and finally noticed them, three other small clay birds that seemed to follow me as I moved. I pulled my Katana off my back slicing through another two causing them to erupt into a fiery explosion that sent me flying toward another building. I knew my footing was off as I hit the roof and expected to fall when sand suddenly wrapped around my arm. I felt the buzz, the pull between Gaara and I as his sand led me through and around buildings just out of reach of the last explosive. I flinched when I hit Gaara's chest and felt his arm wrap around me as his sand weaved around us into a solid shield blocking the last bird's explosion. 

"T-Thanks" I managed as I tried to steady my breathing. I clutched Gaara's sleeve as I took in slow breaths; this fight was taking its toll.

"Are you alright?" Gaara asked softly.