Chapter 65: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

So I'm actually nearly finished writing the entire battle out and now that I'm nearly finished I realized it will only take three chapters. Since Rin shows up a little late and after re-watching it Sasuke and Itachi kind of dish out their most powerful jutsu's once the real fight starts so the fight isn't actually as long as I thought it was. 

But I will release them closer together than I usually do with chapters so I won't keep you guys in suspense for too long! 

So please vote, comment and of course enjoy!

**

Zetsu

The battle had begun, if you could call heavy genjutsu a beginning. The two had barely moved an inch from their original positions. All though Sasuke took his chance for the first physical blow Itachi managed to dodge every shuriken he threw, but even now I had my doubts about this being real. Sasuke struggled as Itachi easily held him by the wrist against the wall. He reached with his other hand for Sasuke's eye.

"Forgive me Sasuke" He said gently. Maybe this was real.

"This is my reality, give me your light" I flinched when Sasuke screamed as Itachi managed to remove one of his eyes. There was no way this could be genjutsu. Not again. Even Sasuke's calm seemed to have broken, his state of mind already deteriorating from this turn of events.

"And now I'll take the other one too" Itachi said simply but Sasuke released his curse mark, what looked like a wing stretched from his back forcing Itachi to retreat. Yet Itachi still seemed indifferent as he withdrew a container from cloak and let Sasuke's eye drop into it.

"This is the difference in our strengths" He continued as he sealed the jar and a shadow clone managed to grab Sasuke from behind.

"And the difference between your eyes and mine" He explained has as he walked forward, ready to take Sasuke's second eye.

"What about mine!" The voice startled them just as much as it startled me. Itachi jumped back as a wall of dark chakra grew rapidly between the two brothers.

"Rin" I realized.

"Release!" The scene faded, almost seeming to slide apart like panes of glass as the true nature of the room returned to focus. Sasuke and Itachi still faced each other but this time there she was, right behind Itachi with one hand on his back and her other hand in a hand sign, that's how she interrupted the jutsu by entering it through the user. She had managed to destroy the entire genjutsu in seconds.

"Rin" Sasuke breathed and she vanished just as quickly as she had appeared before Itachi could turn too face her. She ended up between the two, and when her eyes opened they were blazing red. Somehow seeming brighter than her brothers. Her presence was going to be the real game changer. Who had she come to stand by would determine the results of this battle.

"You know I would have thought something physical would have happened before I got here" She noted, frowning slightly at the both of them.

"I could have gotten myself out of that, I had a plan" Sasuke started and she rolled her eyes.

"Right, I saw how well that was going. If I had shown up a few seconds later you'd have thought, you lost both of then. Not that they're doing you any good anyways" She replied with a scoff. Itachi seemed briefly paralyzed as he stared at his sister, but slowly managed to stand.

"So, little sister, as usual you've come to Sasuke's rescue" Rin rolled her eyes.

"Please, I'm not here for that idiot" She said shortly and Sasuke's eyes immediately focused on her as she rested her hand on her katana.