Chapter 42: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

This one is shorter than the last few have been. This one and the next are going to be filler-ish episodes until we get to Team 10 and Kakashi VS Hidan and Kakuzu. 

There will be a lot of emotion you could say in the this and the next few so just let me know what you think!

I love reading your comments :)

**

Rin

The past three days had been a blur. I had spent hours after I got back in the shower, it felt like the blood would never wash off my skin. I had to burn my clothing and dig into my back up set. I knew right now in Konoha they would be making funeral arrangements. The announcement to the village would be the same, that a shinobi was lost in the line of duty. To the Shinobi force, they would get the name, that Asuma Sarutobi was lost in the line of duty. I stared at the line of shot glasses, eleven.

"Kakashi" I muttered and took the first shot.

"Sakura" And took the next.

"Naruto" I continued and took a breath as I felt the sting in my stomach.

"Shikamaru" I managed moving down the line. Jazmine, Ino, Choji, Kurenai, Kiba, Hinata and Shino followed, all the people I let down, my comrades. I nearly threw up at the last one and had to force the bile down. 

"Rin what the hell are you doing?" I turned and nearly fell over when I did. I saw Itachi, or at least a somewhat fuzzy version of him.

"Drinking" I replied like it was obvious. I took the bottle of Sake and laughed dryly.

"I just realized I forgot some people" I could hear the slur in my voice. My hands were shaking as I started filling the glasses.

"Neji, Tenten, Lee even Gai; more people that think I'm a murderous traitor" I spat the words and took another shot.

"Alright that's it, you're going to your room" I glared at him and took another shot.

"It's full of dark chakra and without the clear head to control it, it will leak into the hideout and everyone will die. Which wouldn't be so bad if it would kill me too" I explained and took the second shot.

"Rin..."

"I killed a monk the other day, which wasn't so bad but A-Asuma well that was all Hidan's handy work." I wasn't even sure if he could understand my muttering. I pulled aside my shirt showing him the scar left behind.

"I tried everything I could to stop Hidan, I even offered myself in his place but that sadistic asshole didn't take it. So now I'm going end that sadistic asshole."

"Not like this you're not" I scoffed as I put my shirt back in place.

"You're not the boss of me" I felt like a child saying it, but it was the only thing I could think of.

"Rin you're drunk" I shoved away his arm when he reached for me and finished off the last shot.

"Is Deidara back?" I asked and could feel Itachi's confusion.

"Why?" I took a deep breath as I stood straight.

"Get him for me." I asked shortly and he motioned to Kisame.

"Rin, he won't help you take on Hidan and Kakuzu"

"That's not what I need him for" I replied.

"Then whatever you're thinking of you need to wait till you're sober enough to think it through again."

"I don't need your advice Itachi, you're the reason I'm stuck here in the first place. You did this to me" I hissed at him. It was silent then and I poured another shot.

"Rin I'm..."

"You called" I looked up when Deidara stepped in.

"Come with me, now" I said and left the glass. I took his arm and he followed me out of the room and down the hall.

"You realize you're drunk right?"

"I've noticed" I replied shortly.

"I can't use dark ninjutsu like this and I need to get somewhere fast. Will you take me?" I asked.

"Why me?" He replied and I paused.

"Because out of all the idiots here you're the only one I can kind of consider a friend. So will you help or not?" He was silent for a while but I heard him sigh before his hand took my wrist.

"You can't walk in a straight line so I'll take the lead." I stumbled into him as we walked to the hall and had to grab his arm. The night air was refreshing as I took it in and made my head slightly clearer.

"So you'll help?" I asked and he threw a clay bird forward before doing a hand sign.

"Just tell me where we're going." He replied as he jumped onto the bird. I took both his hands when he pulled me up and sat me ahead of him. I didn't object. I was aware enough that in this state I'd fall off otherwise.

"Sungakure"