Chapter 46: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

Okay so here we go! I think we only have one or two more till we start the three-tails arc :)

Also there will be a second note explaining a few things that happen in this chapter.

So please comment and enjoy!

**

Kakashi

**Vision**

The dark chakra was over powering. It had sent chills down my spine the moment Rin touched my back. I wasn't evern sure what followed, if it had worked.

"It did work" I turned but there was no one. The voice that had spoken was deep, raspy and echoed against invisble walls.

"Normally such mediocre Shinobi don't wake me, but I was curious as to who Rin could channel her dark chakra through without it corrupting them." I tried to follow the voice but everytime I seemed to face it, it was already somewhere else.

"Now it all makes sense."

"What does?"

"Why the darkness does not corrupt you" He replied.

"This child really does have many interesting ties. I haven't had this much fun in millenia" He seemed to muse.

"So I'm not dead?" I asked and he chuckled again.

"I'd hate to see what that child would unleash if you were."

"Excuse me?"

"Even the light in darkness needs one of her own."

"One of..."

"She has no idea what you're worth."

"What I'm..."

"I suggest you do your best not to die Kakashi Hatake."

"Wait!"

**End Vision**

I snapped up taking a deep breath as the suddeness of my movement took the world briefly out of focus. I had to blink a few times and looked down at my hand. What was left of the dark chakra seemed to stain my palm before fading. I looked at Rin who was holding her head as Shikamaru helped her sit up. I looked towards Kakuzu, Hidan had his scythe out stopping him from an attack and I realized Hidan's eyes were on Rin. It wasn't concern, it was familiarity. Like this had, had happened before.

"Kakashi" I looked back at Rin.

"Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah, it uh just wasn't what I expected" I replied as I got back to my feet. I wanted to ask or even mention what I had seen but Rin showed no signs of seeing the same thing. She just seemed confused and unfourtantly the midst of the battle wasn't exactly the best place for a talk.

"I'll admit that was very impressive Rin, Kakashi" I glanced at Hidan as I offered a hand to Rin.

"You are two of the first people to ever survive our combo attack" He continued as I pulled Rin to her feet.

"You saw through my jutsu with the Sharingan but what about this!" Rin pushed me behind her as she released a slow breath.

"I've got this."

"Fire Release: Searing migraine!" The flames shot forward and for a moment I was readying to avoid it. That was until Rin put a foot back. I felt a chill down my spine as she faced the flames, she didn't even flinch when they doubled in size. She just released a slow breath, her focus completely on the coming threat.