Chapter 45: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Okay here we go! Team 10 and Kakashi VS Hidan and Kakuzu.

Also a heads up. There will be more POV changes than I usually do in one chapter so really pay attention to who's point of view it is! :)

Enjoy and please comment!

The next chapter will be let out shortly :)

**

Shikamaru

I knew Kakashi was only here as a favour to Asuma and also, even if he wouldn't admit it, as a favour to Rin. I had assured him that Rin didn't kill Asuma; that she had tried to help and failed. Now it was left to us to finish what we had started. While most of my plan was being executed flawlessly, Kakuzu had turned out to be more of a problem than I had initially thought. I was well acquainted with Hidan's jutsu and while he was trapped in my shadow there was no way he could use it. Yet Kakuzu managed to slip through the cracks.

"Be afraid, be afraid you ignorant heathens!" Hidan shouted and looked to his partner.

"Kakauzu let's counter-attack! C'mon hurry, undo this idiotic jutsu already."

"Right" I prepared as Kakuzu's stance changed but just as he was going to move for the attack he was stopped. I stared in surprise at the lightning that flickered around him, Kakashi stood behind him with his hand through his chest. The Chidori was bright and his sharingan was glowing as he glared at Kakuzu.

"B-But how, I didn't even sense your approach" Kakuzu's speech was struggled and Kakashi's Chidori didn't lessen.

"Sorry about that, but the signs you were weaving it's an earth style jutsu isn't it?"

"Y-You were able to read and interpret my signs so quickly, and your mastery of lightning style jutsu. Wait, that's it, you're Kakashi of the Sharingan!" It was no surprise he figured out who Kakashi was, Kakashi was well known in many villages and his name was definitely in their bingo book.

"Earth is inferior to lightning. Not your lucky day, you're done for" I felt it then. The pull of my jutsu, my chakra was already fading.

"Shikamaru, what's wrong?" Choji asked.

"Kakashi!" I shouted and he looked over Kakuzu's shoulder and nodded. He pulled back his fist and Kakuzu dropped, motionless on the ground.

"Sucker punch and you're through, just like that!" Hidan shouted and Kakashi faced him.

"That's right and you're next" Three things happened at once. Kakashi ran forward and I thought it was over. That was until Kakuzu seemed to spring back to life and nearly landed a kick on Kakashi. Only Kakashi had been pulled back, hard enough that he landed on the ground as a cloaked figure jumped in front of him. They raised their arms, black chakra swirling around them as they blocked Kakuzu's kick. Kakuzu stumbled as he quickly retreated but the black chakra swirled around his leg.

"Looks like I got here just in time" I recognized her the moment I saw the dark chakra, even before those words rang loud and clear. It was honestly what I had been hoping for. That she'd show up and as she pushed back the hood, her hair fell forward, her eyes blazing red and dark chakra swirling around her arms.

"R-Rin" Kakashi seemed surprised as the chakra faded from Rin's arms. She turned and offered a hand.

"C'mon Kakashi, I thought you were quicker on your feet than that" She teased and I noticed a smile seem to form beneath his mask.