Chapter 9: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Kakashi

I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door. I had just finished a shower and getting prepared. It was still early but nearing the time to head out. I heard the knock again and sighed feeling no urge to get up. Yesterday had been emotionally draining and my dreams were filled but nothing of repeats of the other day.

"Come in!" I called and the door gently clicked open. Rin stood there in the gear as yesterday only this time she had on her headband, the slash still through it and scrolls hung from her belt. I noticed the Katana on her back, the silver and black handle that had the kanji in silver for lightning on it.

"That's new" I noted and she shrugged.

"Sasuke destroyed the one you gave me." She replied simply still not meeting my gaze. I sighed.

"It's still a few hours before we have to, why are you here so early?"

"I'd assume that you'd want to discuss a plan or whatever since we're both now leading this mission." I raised an eye.

"They're letting you go?" she shrugged.

"I'd have gone anyways, besides Kankuro insists that I have to be there and without me, you have no way of finding them. So shall we talk or should I just get a head start?" I sighed as I motioned to my bed.

"Sit down" She walked forward then, and I felt the weight on the bed shift slightly when she sat down with one leg hanging off the side her foot barely grazing the floor. She pulled one of the scrolls from her belt and slipped it open showing a layout of the land. She pointed to a black circle that sat at the end of the two rivers.

"That's where they are. I already calculated the fastest route and marked it here in blue. Baki told me that a second team was sent and if I'm not mistaken by now they'll be about here." She explained pointing to a yellow circle.

"If you send one of your ninja dogs now then they'll meet here," She said pointing to a purple circle.

"Then we'll cross paths here and even if my calculations are a little off we'll all end up in the same place" I stared at her as she closed the scroll and finally she met my gaze.

"What?"

"Nothing just wow I guess" She smirked then.

"C'mon Kakashi, I've spent years training what did you expect?" She responded as she slid the scroll back in her belt and got to her feet. I caught her wrist when she tried to walk off.

"You're not going to yell at me again right?"

"No"

"Kakashi..."

"I'm sorry" I interrupted.

"Me too" She replied. I let go of her wrist, taking her hand as she turned to face me. Her fingers seemed to tremble as they touched the edge of my. She pulled down the mask, smiling when she saw my face. I started to lean up, her hand rested on my cheek.

"Hey Kakashi sensei...what are you doing!?" Rin reacted faster than I did. In less than a second, my mask was up and she had quickly stepped away. I could see her face flush red as she turned to hide it from the intruder.

"I know Rin's presence was unexpected but have a little control here, we're on a mission." I sighed as I sat up and Sakura stood at the door.

"It's nothing like..."

"I'm going to wake Naruto, I'll meet you guys outside" Rin interrupted before briskly leaving the room.

"Wait Rin..." But she was already gone. I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.