Chapter 66: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Told you I wouldn't keep you waiting :D

Let's keep this battle rolling!

Again let me know what you all think. Vote, comment and of course enjoy! :) 

**

Sasuke

I didn't think she'd actually do it and then part of me was somewhat offended that she would. I had seen her put both her hands on the hilt of her katana and when she brought it around I could see it happening in slow motion. It made me flinch, I heard someone shouting at her to stop. I heard her yell, but instead, nothing hit. I opened my eyes slowly and glanced to the side. Rin's blade was stuck in the cement right beside my head. Rin's arms were shaking as her head faced the ground.

"I can't do it" She breathed, shaking her head.

"I-I can't..." I caught her wrist and felt her tense.

"Seems you're the one standing in my shadow, Princess" I mocked and slammed my foot into her torso. Her grip left her katana and she slid across the ground. I pulled her Katana from the wall.

"You kill for a living Rin; you've killed innocent people. You've killed more people than Itachi and I combined! How are you not desensitized to this!?" I spat at her. She sat up slowly, and wiped the blood from the corner of her lip.

"Because I have regretted every single one" She replied coldly.

"Every kill, every man, woman or even child that I was hired to kill. I regret all of them. I have no reason to kill you Sasuke and I refuse to sink to your level. I'm here to stop you, both of you" She said firmly. I turned slamming my heel into the side of her head causing her to roll against the ground. I was beside her in seconds and put my foot on her throat before she could move.

"All you had to do was help me kill Itachi, that's all I've ever asked of you Rin" I said calmly.

"It didn't have to be like this"

"It still doesn't" She managed to choke out as I pressed down on her neck.

"This time, I'll make sure you die" I looked to the sky, the dark clouds and lightning flickering through them. Just as I had planned.

"I don't have very much chakra left" I admitted as the rain began to fall.

"However I came here prepared to kill you both, and this is one justu that can't be blocked or evaded. Just like the Amaterasu or your dark chakra" I explained as Rin caught my ankle, trying to keep some of the weight off her neck.

"I-Itachi can still get away" She tried but I put more weight onto my foot.

"He wouldn't leave you behind" I replied and her eyes widened in the realization. To exploit his only weakness, I had to overcome mine. I had to threaten Rin's life to ensure Itachi wouldn't simply leave the battle.

"This is the end, Rin"

Zetsu

I realized then, that Sasuke had planned this from the beginning. The set up for this jutsu. That fire jutsu wasn't meant for Itachi or Rin. It was to change the temperature in the atmosphere, to create his own storm, his own lightning. Now he has no need for his own chakra, instead, he'll take advantage of the enormous energy above him to create a lightning style jutsu. The lightning began build around us, drawing closer to the centre of the hideout. Itachi seemed to not notice, the chains had fallen and now he could only focus on Rin pinned to the ground and struggling to breath. I noticed him flinch when Sasuke took both their katanas and forced them through Rin's forearms keeping her pinned to the floor. Rin's scream seemed to paralyze him as he knelt on the roof, unsure of his next move.