The Switch

Onika's POV
December 13th
10:45am
School

I see why these girls be sweating me, I come to school one time in a nice ass dress and they don't know how to talk to people. Not even Chyna had a good attitude with me; "Hey Nic!" I heard Kendrick call from behind me as I roamed the full halls. "Yes?" I asked turning around to him watching him slow down with her incoming facial hair trying to grow from its patchiness. He had to catch his breath for a moment before he spoke "I-I need you to tell Bey that something going on between these gangs and dealers in the downtown and south area near the projects." He said with a very concerned and worried faces.

    "I will but what happened?" I asked confused, "I think it's a turf war, I don't know what is exactly happening but I wouldn't intervene without having a title." He said "They out there killing you just for what street you live on, they haven't done that in a good minute." He added. "I'll tell her when I get to her office. Thank you, you and Cole don't do nothing stupid for some weed." I warned getting a nod and soft smiled "Shit you right, atleast you know your boys well" he laughed giving me a hug and then walking off.

———

"So Nicki, why you just pop out with the sexy grown woman look?!? You look great but miss ma'am! We need answers!" Kim asked coming up on me with Angela and Kanei behind her. "I can't get cute for myself? And it's for my baby, always gotta look good for em" I smirked glancing at them seeing how they faces changed. "W-What baby?" Angela asked moving closer to me confused acting like a middle schooler getting messy.

"My baby, but I have to go see them! I'll see you all in class." I spoke speeding up in my heels going to the double doors and signing myself out for lunch. "So you going to go see ya thang?" I heard one of the office girls named Destini ask, she was older than me by a few months. I looked at her with set of squinted and wondering eyes that matched with her own noticeably brown ones that went great with her chocolate skin. "Yes..?" I responded trying to see what she was up to, "Mhm" she said with the smirk leaning on the large desk and going back to her phone.

    I stared at her for a moment before I finished and left for my car. I stopped and picked up some flowers and snacks I know she'd like since she's been really busy at work I felt bad. When I finally made it to her office it has already been ten minutes passed, luckily for me though my sixth period teacher is cool for the most part.

    In the building I immediately went to the elevator since the front desk had already known me from my first visit I was sure to put myself on the list to come in and out without issue or calling her bug headed ass down. The elevator rude was long but quiet since it wasn't packed due to it only being four of us in it. When I made it to her floor I saw Ra'Nee at her desk and when she saw me she had to do a double take.

   "Girl Wh-"I cut her off hushing her as I placed my finger over my lips. She caught the idea as I mouthed "is she in her office" and she shook her head no "in a meeting down the hall but she should be out soon. Let me get you in so you can surprise her." She smiled giddily. I knew she was one to trust..

She moved to the door with me right behind her as she moved to unlock it. "I haven't seen you in a minute and you know i don't have a way to contact you, but while you're here watch some of these women in here. Especially Keri, she's been after the "Boss" for a minute.." she said with quotations over the word rolling her eyes as she opened the door but I didn't move since she had all my attention. "I noticed that last time but she told me not to think too much on it saying she don't entertain her ass." I said rolling my own eyes Why the fuck did I believe her?

"In most case she doesn't" Ra'Nee said leaning on the door looking at me, "only reason she talks to her is because that's her employee. Don't mean the girl doesn't try though" she said giving me a certain face. I nodded speaking small thank you's as we parted ways since she said Bey should be coming soon.