Sanction

Onika's POV
December 5th
School
12:15pm

I've been at school all day with these annoying kids and adults that do the most unnecessary things sometimes. I'm in fifth period which had everyone I normally hang out with besides August, Chyna since she don't go by her real name, Kim, and Kanei.

This morning was a bit different; Bey was making breakfast and I went into the kitchen and I don't know how but we ended up just holding each other. I just rested in her embrace as she held me, her hands stayed above my hips just as her head rested in my neck a bit. It was nice; it was needed but she kept me warm. She always does...

I've been scrolling through Instagram for the last ten minutes until the bell rung and we could finally go to lunch. I got up from my desk as the others talked I went to the door, today just seems off. We all walked downstairs with me still in my phone only to be tapped by someone making me look up confused as to who and why I was tapped until I heard Cole say something "Go to the office" was all he said as I looked at him with a need for an explanation which I never got from how he walked away with everyone else.

I rolled my eyes before moving to follow them until I thought to myself, Jermaine wouldn't do no fuck shit.. I turned back a around and went to the office still slightly in my phone until I reached the door. I put my phone away and went inside seeing everyone minding their business until the person that was signing in lifted their head showing their honey blonde hair just for me to grow a smile to my lips knowing it's her. She turned her head to see who was at the door which we made eye contact to, her facial expression kind of fell from its hardened one to a more relaxed almost nervous look that I couldn't really understand how to feel about.

"Hey" I smiled walking up to her getting her to stand up straight and look down at me. "Hi" she almost whispered with a food bag in her hand, I glanced towards it then back at her seeing she was trying to distance herself and well her facial expression and interest from me. "You brought lunch?" I asked trying to keep her attention only on me as her face was almost in shock and confusion before she opened her mouth. "I-Umm, brought it since I couldn't put money in your account.. here" she said ending in the same tone she started with since her stutter made her a bit embarrassed.

Her hand was out with the food trying to pass it to me but I looked from it to her with a soft smile; "Eat lunch with me" I smiled gently getting her eyes to widen in shock in return. "I can't; I need to g-"You don't, I know your schedule just like I know you" I spoke watching her eyes open even more from my words. "Bu-"But nothing, you're going to eat lunch with me, we haven't done it in a while... And even if you do need to go back you're the boss so you can push whatever it is back for 30 minutes." I spoke looking her in the eye which she knew she couldn't tell me no to as I grabbed her hand and led her out of the office and towards the cafeteria.

"Nika I-"You don't have any real excuses and if you do I don't care, we haven't had lunch together in a long time...We haven't eaten together in a long time" said more to myself as I took us through the doors. She tried to loosen and pull her hand back taking me by surprise before I turned to her seeing she was already looking at someone. I followed her eyes just to see August sitting at my table with everyone else doing the worst thing he could be ignorant... and also flirt with someone else.

I turned back to Bey already knowing she was probably on attack at the moment though to my surprise she had a straight face and was already looking down at me. "You're leading me" she spoke with the hazel so bright to where the hints of green became more evident, I gave a gentle smile before taking her to the table.

We walked closer just for August's female friend to push his hand off of her and get him to look up to see Bey and I. His expression fell for a moment before it went to a smile like he hadn't done a thing wrong, "hey baby!" He smiled getting up from the far side of the table and coming around. As he stepped closer I felt Bey's hand tighten before she actually pulled me closer to her getting everyone's attention; I had a feeling something was going to pop off but it didn't. Instead she gave him the food then my hand taking me by surprise; I turned my head to see a smile on her face before looking in her eyes seeing what she was actually feeling anger and I guess emptiness.