Needed

Omniscient POV
November 24(2:30pm)
Home

"Nika?" Solange asked knocking on Onika's room door, but there wasn't a response "I brought you some food, since you haven't come out all morning.." She added feeling sorry for her, Solange knows her mothers not the nicest woman in the world she's have to go through that for years to where shes gotten used to it. Which Solange has now come to understand is why Bey left well never came back, when Solange was going into her early teens she saw her mother develop a drinking problem. She wasn't really familiar with seeing her mom drink but the more it happened the more she wanted to change it.

And she tried to but that only resulted in punishments and physical pain, as she got older she began to distance herself from the problem giving up on trying to change her once loving mother. She never shown it to anyone because she had no one to fall back on, her mother at the time was the only one who was related to her at her knowledge. Tina always told her that Beyoncé was never her sister but more so that she was a devils child, and that she didn't come from her being a child made from sin and that her father had actually slept with another woman but the features between the two was too similar to be that. "Onika?" Solange asked once again worried of her safety even more.

Onika wasn't going to respond though, not to her. She sat on the side of the bed away from the door on the ground staring at the wall before her, she was between herself the little being scared and her just being worried for Bey. She hasn't called or answered anyone's phone calls whether it was from Nika or anyone back home; as much as you'd think she would be used to this she's not knowing Bey would drink and smoke her problems away and if that didn't work she'd result to violence and destruction. That's what she mostly scared of her ending up hurt because the woman that birthed her was the one that did so little to make her feel so much, she found out over the night that Bey had sent Dave to help her mom with repairs and put money in her account to get back stable but Onika also knew that meant Robert was going to die.

She should have let her when they were there but she wanted to think he could change but people don't always change for the better, she looked down at her hands holding onto Bey's chain wearing the hoodie she took from her so long ago with her faint but surely scent there. Solange knocked on the door again making Onika look up and back out the window "I'll leave it outside the door, just when you come out can we please talk" Solange asked with so much shakiness in her voice Onika questioned if she was okay for a quick second. She grabbed her phone checking the time and seeing if Bey had called her back but she already knew she didn't, Onika was feeding herself false hope.

She has been since the woman left the house with an aggressive aura around her, she unlocked the phone that was the only way she would be able to get to Bey at the moment and started to call her number which is on speed dial since she receive the piece of technology. She put up to her ear with a shaky hand as it rung and her eyes concentrated on the wall that was still the same pale tan with no change as much as she wish it would be block with Beyoncé standing before her, it continued to ring its dead tone only to stop at her voicemail. Onika's eyes became watery as she heard the recording of the deep husky voice of the woman she loved "Hey this is Bey, sorry I couldn't reach the phone leave a message and I promise to hit you back" Onika whimpered before opening her mouth to try and say something but nothing came about nothing but her heightened breathing.

"Bey... please come back, I know you're mad but please I-"she stopped mid sentence hearing the beeping of the recorder ending. She pulled the now useless phone away from her ear and tossed it on the ground next to her, she sniffled some feeling like Bey completely left her and it hurt her little self more than expected. Onika laid her fingers on her soft light complected legs moving them up to her chest, her head laid over her knees before she hid her face in the space between her chest and legs almost a fetal position as the tears that brimmed her eyes fell and she silently cried herself back to sleep