White Flags

"No. That last part. Absolutely not." Wilbur said to me. "Dream is unpredictable and destructive. He doesn't know you're here, and it's best it stay that way."

"But-" I began to defend my abilities. I wasn't afraid of one little enemy. No matter how insane. I know insanity like no other.

"No buts. My word is final." Wilbur said, leaving no room for protest. "Tommy will give you a tour of our base."

With that, Wilbur opened the medical room door, and out fell Tubbo and Tommy onto the light blue woolen ground.

They looked up sheepishly.

"So... A tour huh?" Tommy said. He sprang to his feet and grabbed my arm. "Welp better get going before nightfall."

"Uh-huh." Wilbur said sarcastically, knowing Tommy was trying to avoid explaining his eavesdropping.

"Alright out we go woman." Tommy said, practically dragging me through the house, and showing me to a spare room.

"I can walk you know." I said. "And my name is Y/N, not woman."

"Oh, really, I wasn't aware. And I prefer woman." He said jokingly. He let go of my wrist and I followed him outside. A black wall was now built around the entire area.

"How long was I out for?" I asked.

"Bout a day." Tommy responded.

"What's with the wall?" I asked.

"To keep the Dream SMP out there, and L'Manberg in here." Tommy responded. "Oh, come this way, you've gotta see this!"

He led me along the side of the walls through a forested area to a small pond, and at the center was a makeshift vehicle.

"What is that?" I asked.

"We made it. It's a drug van." Tommy said.

"A-what?" I responded.

"Yea, as a distraction to the enemy." Tommy responded. "You wanna see inside?"

"Sure..." I responded.

We waded across the cool knee high water and to the steel door entrance of the van. We went inside and I instantly recognized the scent of weakness potions.

"We aren't really supposed to touch them, in case they break, and get us all messed up before war." Tommy said.

Tommy was distracted in the back room area of the van. I quickly grabbed and bottled up one of the potions into a small vial and placed it in my pocket. Just a precaution. I stared through the window of the van into the forest, and I swore I saw a streak of orange in the leaves of the far away oak trees. And then another. I squinted my eyes to see.

Tommy came out of the back room and said "Whatcha lookin at?"

I then saw a flash of green. Not forest green though. A neon, radioactive colored green.

"What the-" I started. And then the figure stopped, dead in the opening of some trees, several meters away. He looked right at us.

At least the smiley face mask plastered on his face did.

"Tommy, go back to camp."

"What?" Tommy responded. "No, I am the tour guide, I decide where we go!"

"Tommy!" I pointed at the figure looking at us in the distance. "GO. NOW."

Tommy nodded, understanding the message.

He ran out of the van towards camp, which was a fair distance away. The figure headed towards up, streaks of ora- no fire, following behind it. I quickly made a run for it. Like Wilbur said, no one should know I even exist yet.

I caught up with Tommy and we hightailed it back to the walls of the camp. However, the figure in green was blocking the only entrance.

I could hear leaves crunching in the distance.

"Up the trees, GO!" I yelled.

We scrambled up the trees and across the tops and into the base. I quickly threw a ladder over the edge of the inside wall, and we escalated downwards.

Fundy was helping Tubbo with a bee farm outside.

"FUNDY. TUBBO. HE IS HERE!" Tommy shouted.

We all ran inside the house and everyone grabbed weapons. I gripped the hilt of my netherite sword, prepared to use it if needed.

"Which one was it?" Wilbur asked in a hurried tone. "Sapnap, George, who?!"

"I only saw one, but there could be more! It was Dream!" Tommy responded.

Dream. The one who was behind it all apparently. The one I wanted to meet, sword to neck.

"Alright everyone stay put, he will respect the rules of war, and stay outside of the walls." Wilbur said.

"Are you sure?" Tubbo asked. "Dream isn't really one for etiquette."

"I am sure."

I had to see this Dream person in action. To see if he's truly insane. To see his fighting style. I attempted to slip out the back door when someone grabbed my forearm.

"Y/N." Fundy said to me. His amber-brown hair ruffled around his fox ears. He wore a black vest with multicolored stripes on it and he looked at me with genuine concern.  "Don't."

I sagged my shoulders. One day. I will show this Dream the true consequences of blinded destruction.

"He's coming over here! Wilbur" Tubbo yelled from the other room concerned.

Wilbur turned to me. "You. Hide. Now."

I did as he said going upstairs and crouching behind a blue sheeted bed. Tubbo's if I remembered from Tommy's tour. I peeked over the window seal. Curiosity got the best of me. The man in green approached with a fast pace towards the house. He was wearing a green hoodie and behind him was a man with strange glasses and a dark haired boy wearing a white shirt with a flame symbol plastered on the middle. The man in green had a white mask on with a creepy-ass smiley face on it. He had a bow strung across his back. He marched right up to the front door and below me I heard pounding on the birch door.

I snuck to the railing, peeking around a corner and looking down on the unfolding scene.

"Oh, uh, hey dream." Tommy said, opening the door. Fundy and Wilbur stood behind Tommy, ready to fight if necessary.

"Listen." Dream said. "I'm not here to chit-chat. I have a message."

"Well that statement contradicts itself if you ask me-" Tommy said.

"Shut up and listen" Dream said. "I'm going to say this once."

He grabbed Tommy by the collar, and the others prepared to draw their swords.

"I want to see WHITE FLAGS! White flags outside of your base. By tomorrow, AT DAWN, or you are all DEAD!"

He let go of Tommy who staggered backwards. They all looked at him, not knowing what to do.

Dream turned to leave and stepped outside before stopping and saying...

"Oh, and I know you have a new recruit. I saw him in the woods with Tommy." Dream said. "When they finally decide to stop being a coward and come out of hiding, I'd like to say hello."

Him? That piece of shit.

And Coward? Me a coward? I didn't choose to come up here! I had my hand on my sword, ready to jump down there and slice Dream into scraps, but I managed to restrain myself. I'd save my appearance for later, at a better time. Besides,  Dream's mask had just given me an idea.