Final Battle

Tommy looked out over the horizon, standing atop the mountain near the record player he and Tubbo used to listen to when they were younger.

But the disks they listened to were gone. Taken by him. But today, today that would change. As the wind blew through the land, it swept up leaves from the ground, shaking the branches of the trees, and blowing through Tommy's golden hair.

Tommy reached into his pocket, retrieving a golden compass, attached by a chain to his belt loop. It was enchanted, given to him by Dream, to lead him to his disks.

Your disks.

It was roughly engraved into the golden surface of the compass, there to constantly haunt him of all the things he so desperately reached out for but was always just out of range.

Tommy closed the compass, and put it back in his pocket, and turned to face his comrade, Tubbo. Sure, government quarrels had split them apart. In fact, they hadn't been able to properally reunite since the beginning of Manberg. But now, they had a common purpose.

Getting the disks back. Once and for all. And putting an end to Dream's tyranny.

Tommy sighed out a breath. A breath that carried the weight of the world.

"Alright Tubbo." He said, with a slight smile, attempting to show bravery in a seemingly hopeless situation.

Tubbo nodded, and returned the smile.

"Let's do this."

The two walked down the pathway, down the mountain and into town. Their friends and fellow citizens stood lined up along the path. Jack, Puffy, and Sam to name a few. They each provided their own words of guidance and good tidings towards the younger boys as they set off towards uncertainty.

They each knew that they had reached their last life. And Dream? He had all of his. Who knew what would happen.

"Thank you everybody." Tommy said, as he scanned the crowd. He half expected- or rather hoped- to see y/n, but she was no where to be seen. Tommy hoped that the other day's visit wouldn't be the last time he saw his old friend.

"I'll see you all when I get back." Tommy said. Tubbo looked up at his companion, and elbowed him in the side.

"When we get back." He corrected. Tommy smiled and nodded.

"When we get back."

The two rode across the sea in their small not filled with nothing more than the necessary items for battle. They sailed nearly all night, until early dawn, when the compass lead them to a mountain that nearly stretched into the clouds. It's narrow formation appeared like a massive stalactite icicle, expanding from the ocean.

Ascending the mountain was no easier than the trio across the rough seas. Each time their pickaxes struck into the rock and pulled them up higher, the rising morning sun lit their pathway a little more.

When they reached the top, it was clear they were where they were meant to be. Dream stood waiting, an idle record player taunting them with the sounds of Mellohi.

"Well, well, well." Dream said. "Look who it-"

"Go Tubbo, now!" Tommy said, charging Dream with his axe, giving him no time to react.

Tommy had no plans of hearing anything he had to say. Dream quickly retrieved the disk from the record player, and brought out his own axe.

"Have it your way then." Was Dream's only response.

The three fought for nearly thirty relentless minutes, taking no time to catch their breath, when Tommy finally got his hand on the disk.

"I'VE GOT IT TUBBO! I'VE GOT IT!" Tommy yelled from across the plateau of the mountain. Tommy went to secure his possession, but didn't hear the response he was hoping for.