The Verge of Collapse

3rd Person Perspective - L'Manberg

"You have to let me do this, Wilbur." Tommy said, pacing the room. "For L'Manberg, for Y/N."

"We all miss y/n, Tommy." Wilbur responded. "And your passion is a powerful tool. But now isn't the time to use it. Y/N chose to do this to buy us time, I'm sure she's okay."

"Its Dream, Wilbur." Tommy said. "He can and will do whatever he wants, just for fun."

"Tommy." Wilbur sighed. "I can't force you to do, or not do, anything."

Tommy nodded at Wilbur, and walked outside of the house, down the stone path. He climbed the black wall, and sat at the top. The cool breeze blew through his blond hair. His feet dangled over the edge. He kicked his feet back and forth, contemplating his options.

He knew he would msot likely lose a 1v1 against Dream. But what else could he do? He couldn't let them win. And he definitly couldn't let them hurt Y/N. Tommy rolled the right sleeve on his red and white shirt up, revealing three tally marks.

"It won't hurt that bad." Tommy said to himself. He took a deep breath, and exhaled, feeling his body shake with exsaushtion from the war and nervousness from the unpredictable times to come. "Right?"

Down below, he could see Dream's team patrolling the area in the distance.

"For L'Manberg." Tommy reassured himself.

"HEY! Green boy!" Tommy yelled out to the Dream team. "It's time we finish this."

Dream tilted his masked face, like a puppy seeing or hearing something strange. Tommy was just a kid, and the only thing of interest he had was the disks. But it didn't seem thats what he wanted. Tommy emerged on the outer side of the wall and staggered over to Dream.

"One versus one." Tommy proposed. "If you win, L'Manberg ceases to exist. If I win, you grant us independence, and return Y/N."

Dream pondered this. He knew there was no way this small puny boy stood a chance in a bow fight against him. So why not get more out of it?

"Okay." Dream responded. "But if I win, Y/N stays with me. Permanently."

"What?" Tommy asked, taken aback.

Y/N was one of Tommy's best friends, even though she had only been there a few short days before leaving. She had shown her bold personality and willingness to put herself before others. He couldn't lose Y/N forever.

But if the war ended, and they lost, it wouldn't matter. Who knows what Dream would do to her then. Tommy shifted his feet nervously in the tall grass. He messed with the end of his shirt, rolling and unrolling it. After a few seconds of this fidgeting and contemplating his options, Tommy went with his gut. He shot out his hand and looked away, not daring to see the look of satisfaction Dream and his team would surely display.

"Tomorrow evening." Dream said, shaking his hand. "Be there."

Dream turned to walk away, his green cape blowing in the cold breeze.

"Wait!." Tommy said. "B-bring y/n with you, please."

"Hm...no" Dream responded.

"No, no, no!" Tommy said. "You have to! What if this is the last time I get to see her? And Tubbo...would be devastated."

Dream contemplated this. For his future plans to work out, this wasn't ideal. But, if he won this battle, which he planned on, it wouldn't matter. He'd have all the time in the world.

"Fine."

_______________________________________________________________
(Y/N's Perspective - Prison cell)