Bad Energy

I came to in a dark room, lit by a single restone torch. The walls were made of black stone and the only objects in sight was the plain white bed I was laying on, a chair, and a desk with no contents on top.

I sat up, only to reveal that my ankle was on a shackle that had enough slack for me to walk around my 'room' and that was it. An iron door blocked off the outside world.

Dream. I was in his territory. I reached down instinctively but my brothers sword wasn't there. Dammit Dream. I wasn't leaving without it. That sword was the equivalent value to me that Tommy and disks are. That and my ring that is, which was still on my neck.

I sat down on my bed. I had no idea where I was. I could be 6 feet underground or several miles in the air and I wouldn't know. Just then I heard approaching footsteps. I pondered faking sleep, but I figured that whoever was coming would leave for a few more hours and then return. I really didn't feel up to waiting.

In came Dream. He pulled over the chair, with the back facing me. He sat down, folding his arms over the top of the chair, and tilting his head to study me. I stared at him, not daring to back down and avert my eyesight.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I said.

But he just kept studying me. What a creep.

"Let's just get one thing straight." Dream said. "I promised your little friends time to prepare, as along as I had you in my possession. Alive. That's it. I didn't promise anything else. So, be mindful of that while I ask you questions, sweetheart."

"Call me that again and I'll break your neck." I retorted. "Be mindful of that, smiley."

"You're too bold for your own good." Dream said. "I can tell you won't make it far."

He grabbed my arm and rolled back my sleeve, revealing my three tally marks that represented my 'lives'.

"In fact" he said "I'm surprised you still have all three lives. That could afford to change."

He let go of my arm, and I yanked it backwards.

"Did you just come in here to talk about arm tattoos? Or is there a point to this?" I said.

"I find it very strange." Dream said "that you came out of no where, smack into the middle of our territory, yet the small nation of L'Manchildberg-"

"It's L'Manberg, idiot." I interrupted.

"Whatever." Dream said, ignoring me "that they found you first. So where'd you come from?"

"I came from a magical castle far far away." I said sarcastically. Although, I wasn't really lying. "From beyond the mountains and through the forests-"

Dream grabbed me by the shirt collar and pulled me inches from his masked face. My entire range of vision was filled by his smiley face mask. I heard the sound of scrapping metal followed by a piercing sensation on my neck. Dream was holding me at knife point.

"Listen." Dream said, in a dangerously low tone. He was no longer amused by my antics. "I'll have you know that after this war, I don't need you, and you have no place here. You already have an execution date, so if you want any chance of that changing, I suggest you answer me. The right way."

He let go of me, my black undershirt's collar now wrinkled from here Dream had held onto it.

"I'd rather not discuss my entire growing up story with you." I said.

"Too bad." Dream responded. "You've got nothing better to do."

"Fine." I said. "I was born into royalty. A cursed royalty. I was given the burden of nearly uncontrollable insanity and a lust for blood. And you know what I did, Dream? I burned down EVERYTHING. I destroyed the entire kingdom. And I KILLED EVERYONE."