Roommates?

I walked along the wooden path I had created that lead to the front entrance of my house. A thin layer of snow had fallen over the path, allowing for soft crunching sounds beneath my boots when I walked. A pitcher of water was in one hand, firewood in the other.

I didn't mind living all the way out here, away from everyone. I'd gotten used to it in my time in the nether. And based on recent events, people clearly didn't want to see me.

I opened the wooden door of my hand built cabin. I sat the firewood in the corner, and hung the pitcher of water over the fireplace. I grabbed a match and ignited the fire. I sighed a breath of relief. Another day of repetitive chores done. I sat in the armchair I had constructed in front of the fireplace.

Peace and quiet. This was much better than the nether. No ghasts screaming in the middle of the night. No risk of things spontaneously combusting. That was always fun.

Just peace and quiet.

creak

What.

creak

Someone or something was downstairs. I stood up from my chair carefully, grabbing my crossbow in the process.

What ever it was, it definitly wasn't just a regular monster. It was trying too carefully, although quite unsuccessfully, to avoid being heard.

Several ideas ran through my head.

Quackity?

The Butcher Army?

Someone else?

I grabbed the wooden hatch that led downstairs. I braced my crossbow, ready to fire at a moments notice.

I yanked the hatch open, grabbing the crossbow and steadying it with both hands.

No one. I climbed down the ladder to the lower section of my house. I turned around. A dusty blond haired boy with a ripped red and white shirt stood stock still in front of me. It's as if he thought if he didn't move, I couldn't see him. What an idiot.

"Tommy what the hell are you doing in my house?" I said.

"Oh, um, heyyyyy Technoblade." Tommy said, scratching the back of his head nervously. "What- um- what brings you here?"

I looked at the frail boy. I hadn't seen him since before the collapse of Pogtopia. During a time with vicious government quarrels, self-proclaimed countries, and Wilbur.

Tommy was the first person in this world I had ever seen when I finally emerged from the Nether. He was younger than, and was more hyper and excited.

I almost killed him when I first met him. I mean, when I first came through the portal, he shreiked like a banshee, so who was I to know that he was just some kid?

Some really annoying kid that keeps showing up somehow.

"Tommy, this is my house." I said. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you know..." the boy trailed off. "Just, um... well don't mind me, I'll be down here. We can be roommates. Except, you stay up there, I stay down here."

"Roommates?" I asked sarcastically.

The boy edged along the wall of the basement towards a new hatch I had just now noticed. He carefully leaned down and grabbed the handle. He opened the hatch and escalated down.

How the hell had I never noticed him before? I mean, I've been out for a while doing work around the house, but come on. He's built an entire new floor to my house. My house.

I followed him down to his makeshift area. No, it's not his, this is my house.

It was mostly dirt and stone, along with very few minor possetions of Tommy's, and....

"Are those my gold coins?" I asked, gesturing to the small brown sack that had shimmering metallic pieces falling out.

"Whattttt...psh." Tommy said, awkwardly stretching his arm out in an attempt of obstructing my vision of the gold. "Well it was nice seeing you, but you should probably leave."

"TOMMY! This is my house! Mine!" I yelled. "If anyone is leaving, it's you. And you are, come on."

"What?!" Tommy whined. "Come on you won't even notice me down here."

"Down here stealing from me?" I said. "You should be glad I don't kill you right now."

"Whoa that's a bit extensive." Tommy said "I mean I'm-"

"Tommy why are you in my house?" I asked again.

"Okay listen." Tommy said "turns out Dream is a manipulative piece of-"

"Yea I know." I responded.

"Anyways," Tommy spoke. "I ran from exile."

"To my house." I spoke, eyebrow raised.

"Yes." Tommy said. "I'm banished from everywhere else."

"What makes you think you aren't banished from my house." I asked.

"I got permission." Tommy responded.

"From who?!" I asked. "The only person that gives permission to enter my house is me Tommy. And I don't recall-"

"What about y/n?" Tommy asked.

"What?" I asked quietly. "What about my sister?"

"She told me to come here." Tommy said. "When she visited me. God it took me ages to find you though. At least I actually tried to make contact with other life forms, but you.."

"Yea, well, last time I talked to anyone living, it was about my own execution." I responded. I sighed. As annoying as he was, my sister saw something in him. And she sent him here to stay safe. And I wouldn't betray her again. Not like I did with Tubbo and his execution.

"Fine." I said. "But this is temporary. And you're going to help me out."

"Help out with what?" Tommy asked, head cocked slightly to one side.

"Revenge." I said. "And you may be able to get those disks you used to never shut up about back."

"My disks?" Tommy asked himself. "You really think so?"

"We'll see what happens." I responded.

"So I can stay?" Tommy asked, practically jumping up and down.

"I guess." I responded.

He ran up to me, arms spread out. I put my hand out, pushing against his blond-haired head.

"Don't you dare hug me." I responded. "Now come on, there's something I want to show you."