Duel of the Fates

(y/n perspective - the next day)

As the small crack beneath my iron door flooded the floor of my room with light, I sat up, my whole body begging me not to. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. For one, my entire fate was being decided by a bow battle that I already knew the outcome of.

Everyone had told me that Dream was the best bow fighter in the entire SMP. Tommy was just a kid. He shouldn't be fighting this fight for me. For another, the voices kept nudging me, suggesting different things I could do. 'Kill Dream' 'Escape', and the likes. But while these options were tempting, I had to be there for Tommy. I had to see my friends. Especially if it would be the last time.

The iron door opened up, and in emerged Sapnap. Strange. Its always Dream.

"Good mornin-" Sapnap began. "Whoa, you look like shit."

"Thanks." I said "Appreciate the compliment."

"Sorry" He responded, sitting my food down next toe me. He sat down beside me on my bed. Also different, Dream always pulled up a chair to inspect me like I was some animal in a zoo. Sapnap was actually acting, well like a decent human.

"Are you...doing okay?" Sapnap asked. "We could all hear you yelling in your sleep last night when on patrol."

"Oh great." I said. "Another topic for my therapy session with Dream"

Sapnap laughed. His laugh was genuine, and wasn't just mockin my helpless situation.

"Yea he can be a bitch sometimes." Sapnap said.

"Sometimes?" I asked, letting out a small laugh.

"Okay, a lot." Sapnap said. "But if you got to know him, you'd see he wasn't that bad."

"He isn't interested in chit chat." I said. "He only cares about my private past life matters."

"He's just curious." Sapnap said. "You showed up out of nowhere from a place beyond the SMP we didn't even know existed. Not to mention you are an absolute god at combat. You could probably beat Dream."

"Yea." I said, glaring at him "And I would have to if you hadn't sabotaged our fight at the control room."

"Sorry about that." Sapnap responded. "All's fair in war. Anyways, I'll leave you to eat. I'll be back at evening to take you to the duel"

"Wait." I said. "Do you know what I was yelling about last night?"

"I don't know too much, pretty sure half of it was in another language of sorts." Sapnap said. "But it was something about someone telling you to do something and you didn't want to. But like, much more intense than how I just described it."

Sapnap gave me a warm smile, with sympathy mixed in, and left the room.

Great. Now I'd be stuck with a mysterious green man for an hour while he asked me questions about my mental well being.

-Time Skip-

But he never came. Sapnap reemrged when evening began to fall.

"Hey, uh..." He trailed off.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, I don't think its necessary but Dream..." he trailed off again.

He held up some rope, already tied into a makeshift handcuff of types.

"What the hell Dream?" I asked the ceiling. I stuck out my hands and rolled my eyes as Sapnap secured the twine around my wrists.

I followed him out the way I had once tried to escape from, to see the rest of the team, and Eret, standing there waiting.

"About time." Dream said.

"Shut up." I responded.

"I should say the same thing to you." Dream said. "Kept half of us up last night with your little nightmare."

I rolled my eyes and Dream beckoned the trio to begin walking.

We walked through the town and the scorched forests to the outside walls of L'Manberg.

My group of friends stood there, dressed in professional fighting attire. It had a revolutionary theme to it. Blue and gold coats with leather accent pieces. Perfect for a battle that would go down in history.

When we came into view, Tubbo lit up, and ran over to me, the others closely behind. He grabbed me and embraced me in a warm hug. He attempted to pick me up and spin me around, but it didn't work. He pushed me outwards, hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Tubbo asked. "Did they hurt you? Did they-?"

"Im fine, Tubbo." I said. "Better now that I get to see you guys."

Tubbo eyed the restraints on my arms uneasily, but I smiled reassuringly, and he nodded.

Tommy shoved Tubbo out of the way.

"What's up woman?" He asked.

I laughed. But my tone quickly chanegd to concern.

"You don't have to do this, Tommy. I am not worth it." I said.

"Yes you are, y/n" Tommy said. "And I'm doing it for L'Manberg too." He laughed and nudged me in the arm. "You didn't think I cared about you that much, did you?"

Wilbur looked at me, and I could see him give a soft smile.

"Enough chit chat, I have things to attend to." Dream said this, looking right at me on the word 'things'.

This piece of shit.

We headed out to a boardwalk strung over a small pond.

"I will count to ten." Wilbur said. "Each number, take a step away from your opponent. On ten, you will turn and fire."

I sat on Dream's side, although I wasn't rooting for him at all. Both of the duelers nodded and turned away from each other, bows strung.

"1"

My anxiety instanty spiked up. I couldn't let this happen. But what could I do?

"2"

If I did anything, it would count as a win for Dream automatically. I nudged at my restraints. Not budging.

"3"

But Tommy was going to lose. So it didn't matter. What mattered is that he lived.

"4"

What do I do?

Stop him.

How?

Attack. Grab his arm. DO something. You have a sword. You have power.

What?

"5"

Hurry

"6"

You are running out of time.

"7" 

Do it.         Attack        Stop him       
      Use your power          DO IT NOW
NOW    DO IT
                               KILL

"8"

The voices in my head were screaming at me. I could barely hear Wilbur counting. I cupped my binded hands over my ears, but it didn't help.

Now.

"9"

-Out of time...NOW

"10. Paces fire!"