Secrets and Revelations

I don't remember the walk to the medical room. The next thing I remember after Dream defeated me, was Wilbur giving me a healing potion. I tried to refuse, as I knew resources were low. The memories from earlier flooded back.

"Tommy, Tubbo, you, Fundy!" I said, frantically. "Your lives! You- Eret.."
"Hey, hey" Wilbur said. "It's fine. They didn't lose any lives and neither did I."

"What?" I was confused. I knew why I didn't lose a life, but them? I swore I saw them on the ground, motionless. "They beat us up pretty bad, but they aren't done with us. Dream gets a thrill from fighting, if he wanted us dead, he would have taken all of our lives, then and there."

But he tried to kill me. Guess the green boy didn't like me. What a shame. How could I recover from this shocking news?

"Are you feeling alright?" Wilbur interrupted my thoughts. "You took a fatal blow and survived."

"Yea, I'm fine." I said. "I'm gonna go outside for a while."

I went out and sat in the long grass, looking up at the walls that surrounded us. Wilbur told me there were two rules in this world. No theft, and no destruction of other property. Yet, here Dream and his team is, breaking those rules. If I see him again, he's as good as dead.

I lay down in the grassy plane looking up at the sun. A bee buzzed beside me and I looked over to see Tubbo admiring it with curiosity.

"I love bees." Tubbo said. "They are peaceful, and only do good in the world."
"They sting people." I responded.

"Only if they are threatened. And if they sting someone, that person probably deserved it anyway." Tubbo said. "Mind if I lay down beside you?"

"Sure." I said.

We lay there in silence for a few minutes before Tubbo said "Where did you come from, Y/N?"

"What?" I respond with.

"Well, we all know everyone from the SMP, and you just kinda, appeared." Tubbo responded.

I sighed deeply. I knew the time when questions would arise would come. And I trusted Tubbo, he was one of my best friends at L'Manberg.

"I came from a large royal empire. I grew up in a castle, as royalty. And..." I trailed off.

"And?" He prodded me.

"And then it all burned down to nothing." I thought it best to not tell Tubbo the full truth.

I grasped the necklace with my ring tied around it. No. No more hiding. I was going to tell him, and if they didn't accept me afterwards, or if they were afraid of me, I could leave.

"Listen. It wasn't just some...accident." I said. "I was princess of the Kingdom of Laminae and Insaniam. Do you know what that means?"

"N-no." Tubbo responded.

"It translates to the Kingdom of Blades and Insanity." I responded. "Every descendant of the royal family was cursed accordingly. My brother was named after the Kingdom itself. My curse was designed directly under it. Descendants before me, like my parents, I suppose, got 'curses' that were beneficial. My mother was given life, and healing. My dad, eternal strength and regeneration. My brother and I got screwed over. I don't know the full extent of his curse, but it nearly drove him to do what I did. But he had more control, and left when things got bad. I got the oldest curse, one created ages ago. The price our family paid for royalty: insanity. This ring on my neck is a mark of it, given to me on my coronation. I knew I couldn;'t control myself once the full power of the curse was upon me, but they didn't listen. So on coronation day, in front of everyone, I was crowned, and presented with the ring, which I put on my finger, and everything went black. Next thing I knew, everyone was dead or dying, and the kingdom was in a blaze of fire. I try and tell myself otherwise, but I know that I am the one that caused it all. So, Ive sworn to never wear this ring again and use my abilities."

"Oh my." Tubbo said in utter disbelief. "Y/N I am so sorry for what you had to go through. At least you'll never have to do that again. Because we will help you!"

"Thank you, but there's one aspect of my curse I can't control." I said. "My ring was crafted from a totem of undying, and it's enchanted in a way that it never breaks. When we fought earlier, I should have died. But it saved me. And for a brief moment, I wasn't myself. I am afraid that each time I may be forced to be revived, my curse will just worsen."

"Oh. Well then I guess you'll just have to be very careful then." Tubbo responded.

"Yea." I said "I guess so."

A few more moments of silence went by.

"Can I ask you something else, y/n?" Tubbo said, turning his head around to face me.

"Shoot" I said.

"What was your brother's name?"

"His name was Technoblade."