The Election

(Y/N Perspective)

"An election?" I asked Tommy, who was overjoyed at the idea.

"Yea" he responded, practically jumping up and down. "And Wilbur is letting me be his vice president. Cool huh?"

"Yea..." I respond. I didn't know how I felt about this. "Who else is running?"

"That's just it." Tommy said. "It's just us, so, guaranteed win!"

I sat down, still looking at the book of different laws and actions Tommy and Wilbur had created.

"Maybe you guys should campaign." I said.

"Campaign?" Tommy repeated, quizzically.

"Yea, you know, like go and talk to people about why you guys are the best fit for presidency."

"But, we're the only fit." Tommy said, tossing his head to the side, confused.

"Yes... unless someone runs against you, that is." I responded.

"True..Tubbo!" Tommy called.

Tubbo emerged from the other room into the dining room where we sat.

"You want to help me and Wilbur 'campaign'?" Tommy asked.

"Sure," Tubbo said. He leaned over to me and whispered. "What's a campaign?"

I laughed. "It's like a presentation to everyone on why you should be selected for something."

"Oh cool!" Tubbo said. "So what can I do?"

"You should...make some posters, so we can advertise our party: POG2020"

Tubbo grabbed some ink, a feather, and started scrawling pictures and letters across several large pieces of paper.

Several minutes later, and the posters were complete.

"These are perfect!" Tommy said "We are bound to win. Can we hang them up around the SMP?"

The two boys looked up at me, expectantly. I had become like an older sister to them.

"Sure." I said, smiling.

"Yes!" Tubbo said. The two boys high fived, like the thing you'd see in a cheesy movie.

We set out across the forest, which since the first time it was burned down, had started making a recovery. Crazy what a little bit of bone meal could do. The streets of the SMP were busy with activity.

We strung our posters across the roads, posting them on fence posts, signs, whatever we could find. The boy had a lot of fun, going up to different civilians and asking for their vote. Most people agreed.

However, we soon had competition, as I had suspected. A handful of competition sprang up. Schlatt, Fundy, and Quackity had risen up to run for president. Schlatt in particular gave me uneasy vibes.The date for the election seemed far away, but in reality, it came quicker than we had hoped.

___________________________

The day of the election results came. A large podium had been constructed for the candidates. I stood at the back of the podium, with Tommy. We watched and listened as each of the parties, POG, SWAG, COCONUT, and SCHLATT, gave their speeches and announced their sponsors.

Several hours of rigorous debate passed, and then the time had come. Wilbur pulled out an envelope, and stepped up to the microphone. We all stood several feet above the spectors in the audience, looking over the two nations, L'Manberg, and the SMP.

"We received several thousands of votes from across the lands. But only one party can reign victorious. In fourth place: COCONUT2020. In third place: SCHLATT2020, in second place: SWAG2020...."

Tommy looked up at me.

"Does that mean we win?" He half whispered to me.

I smiled, and responded with "Shh...just watch and wait."

"In first place, with 45% of the votes...POG2020!"

"YES!" Tommy said, jumping up and down.

As we celebrated, Quackity walked up to Wilbur, and whispered something to him.

Wilbur looked concerned.

He reemerged to the microphone podium.

"Settle down everyone, settle down." Wilbur said. "This just in, the Schlatt Party and Quackity party have decided to pool their votes. Meaning, they have 46% of the votes. SCHLATT2020 is the winner."

A chilling laugh rang out into the night air. The audience was in disarray.

Schlatt walked up to Wilbur.

He leaned in and whispered, and I could just barely make out what he said.

"Thanks for making it easy." he said. "Now get off of my podium."

Wilbur flinched in response to the rapid change of events and remarks from his winning opponent.

He stepped back, and stood on the other side of Tommy.

"But-how?" Tommy asked, bewildered.

"I don't know Tommy. I don't know." Wilbur responded. I looked up above us into the night sky. The clouds covered the stars, leaving nothing but the dampness of the night, and the lanterns around the SMP to provide light. I couldn't even see the moon.

My mind tuned back in to hear Schlatt announce his first course of action.

"As your president." He said, still smiling slyly. "My first enactment is the banishment of Tommy, Wilbur, and Y/N from L'Manberg. Permanently."

Tommy and Wilbur were wide-eyed upon hearing this.

"W-what?" Tommy asked, tears in his eyes.

"Schlatt we aren't welcome in the SMP territory, where are we supposed to go?" Wilbur asked.

"Not my problem." Schlatt said, "Oh, and Tubbo, I'd like you as my assistant."

I looked at Tubbo and mouthed the word 'don't'. Tubbo was scared of Schlatt. Fear can drive even the worst of enemies to come together.

"Okay." Tubbo said reluctantly. "Tommy, you guys got to go. Sorry"

"Tubbo-?" Tommy asked quietly, in disbelief of the events unfolding in front of him.

"Don't apologize to them." Schlatt retorted.

"Actually-" Someone from the audience yelled up to the podium. I walked to the front of the podium to see who was talking. Dream.

"I do believe that y/n was never banished from SMP territory." Dream said. Even 100 meters away, I just knew he was smirking beneath that stupid mask of his.

"Oh! That's right!" Schlatt said sarcastically. He turned to look at me. I hated everything about him. His fancy suit, his sarcastic tone, his laugh. All of it. "Dream will take care of you then."

I clenched my fists. Anger was boiling within me, making my skin hot. Not only had Schlatt made a deal with Quackity, he had also pawned me off to Dream. No way I was going back there.

"I'd rather die." I spit back at him.

He walked right up to me, inches from my face.

"That can be arranged, sweetheart." Schlatt said.

"Try it." I retorted.

"In fact, I do believe you guys are still standing on the land you've been banished from." Schlatt said. "That isn't allowed. Fire on your own time, boys."

The remaining citizens of L'Manberg retrieved crossbows, and arrows began impaling the wooden floorboard we stood on.

"RUN!" I yelled at Tommy and Wilbur. We scrambled down the stairs of the podium, stumbling into the night. Above, I could here JSchlatt in his microphone, talking to Dream from down below.

"The job isn't finished Schlatt. Bring her to me or the deal's off." Dream yelled.

"Get them out of my land." Schlatt demanded, his voice booming from the microphone. "And bring Y/N to me."