Mutual Enemies

It was so tempting to just push to sword a little to the right and take one of Dream's lives. Right here. Right now. For all that he had done to me.

"You've got about five seconds to convince me not to kill you." I said.

"I'm going to need a bit more than that." Dream said.

"Four." I responded, pressing the black netherite blade into his neck.

BBH came scrambling down the stairs and had finally caught up to me.

"What...are..you...doing?" He asked between breaths.

"It's called vigilante justice." I responded. "And I would really hate to curse in front of you Bad, and that's definitely where this conversation is going towards, so I suggest you leave."

"Okay." He said. "But dont... dont do anything you might regret."

And with that he sulked into the other room. I turned my focus back to Dream, laser sharp hatred pouring from me into him.

"Well?" I said, prodding on our interrupted conversation.

"Alright." Dream said. "I read your diary and-"

"You. What." I said, in utter disbelief. I felt hot aner rising up inside of me. My enemy had read my personal thoughts and struggles. "YOU. WHAT?!"

"Do you want me to continue or...?" Dream said.

"What? Did you come just to say that? 'Hey y/n I was just strolling by and decided to drop by and let you know that I read through your personal life like a storybook.'" I said. "Well save it. You aren't very convincing, you know. I'm actually more eager to cut your head off now than I was when you first arrived."

Dream sighed. He was annoyed with me. But I didn't care if he was.

"No. Besides, you left in on my land." He said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. But between being banished and kidnapped, and hunted down, I never got the proper chance to move out. My bad!" I yelled, sarcastically.

"So we are on the same page then." Dream said. I sneered at him. "I came to say that I don't think I truly understood what you were going through."

"Oh you don't think so?" I said sarcastically.

"After reading that, I could, for a brief moment, feel what I could only assume to be a small fraction of the evil that weighs on top of you every day." He said. "And I was wrong for trying to use that against you. For my own gain. Im... sorry."

I looked him up and down. I couldn't see his face, but based on his body language, he was ashamed. Partially because he was the type that hated having to admit wrongdoing to anyone. But his apology was sincere. 

At least that's what I thought at the time.

I released the pressure I had put against his neck, and resheathed my sword.

"So we agree you won't try to use me in your crazy plan any more?" I asked, head up towards him, eyebrow raised.

"Yes, fine. Agreed." Dream said. "Unless you want to help."

"Hell no." I said.

"And maybe." Dream said. "We could at least be allies now. May-?"

"Friends?" I asked out loud. I laughed.

"I said allies but-"

"This guy kidnaps me twice, tries to kill me on multiple occasions, and it takes him reading my private diary to realize he's wrong." I shouted to no one in particular. " Then you have the audacity to try and be my friend? I accept your apology, Dream. But, it takes more than words to make up for the days of pain you put me through. For now, we can agree to have mutual hatred between each other. And you should be lucky its just that."

"I know it takes action to forgive what I did." Dream said. "Which is why I want to make it up to you."

He's lying.

I know.

"No." I said. "Not today, probably not ever. If you want to make me happy, then leave. Because I'm happy here. With Bad. And let's face it. We both screwed each other over. I think we'll be better off as enemies."

"Fine." Dream said, turning around. "But if you ever need a favor, I'm in debt to you, y/n"

And with that he left.

I turned around to see BBH standing in the doorway of the living room.

"Is it over?" He asked.

"I think so." I said.

"No more staying locked up here?" BBH asked.

"Yep, I'm no longer being hunted down by half the people in this world." I said.

"So I guess you don't have to stay hidden here anymore." Bad said, implying me leaving. He sounded sad.

"Well, I guess not." I said. BBH looked down at his feet, downcast. "But if you don't mind, I may stay for a while."

Bad looked back up at me. He ran and hugged me.

"You're welcome to stay as long as you want." Bad said.

Finally. I was free. Free to be happy without the weight of age old curses and war.

Until it appeared. And once again everything changed.

Oooo we are approaching the Eggpire. Exciting. Sorry for the short chapter, but wanted to go ahead and update while I can. Leave some suggestions for what you want to see next. I have some ideas, but Im not sure.

Some questions for you guys:

1. What new friendships do you want to see?(i was thinking Ranboo, but who would you like to see?)

2. Since Dream and y/n are kind of at a stand still, who would you like to see rivalry between?

3. Feel free to leave any story suggestions. Please. I'm desperate.

Byeeee ✌️