In Another Life

Y/n perspectives will be in diary style for a while now. Enjoy!

Day 1:

Some guy named BadBoyHalo visited today. I asked to just call him Halo, he said sure. He gave me food, and I asked what the fuck Dream wanted from me. His response was just: "Hey! Language." followed by "But honestly I don't know." Note to self: Halo is a cool dude. I like him.

Schlatt came and shared his unwanted sarcastic opinions. As much as I despised myself for it, I had to admit he was pretty funny at times, even if he is a bitch.(sorry Halo if you read this.)

Tubbo visited in the evening. He sat on the other side of the metal door and talked about random things. About the tunnel he had made so that he could secretly sneak over to Pogtopia. About bees. About how he might be in charge of some big projects in the future.

Now that I think about it, no one came inside of the cell. They stood on the opposite side of the door. I'll have to ask why tomorrow. I would think at least Tubbo of all people would come inside.

Nothing more really happened today.

Day 2:

Halo came. Didn't talk. I asked him a question, he didn't respond. I cursed at him. I could hear him fidgeting outside, but he refrained himself from reprimanding me. He slipped the food under the door and left. Strange.

Schaltt came. I asked him questions, and his only response was laughter and "you are so screwed."

Tubbo didn't come.

Day 3:

Food.

Boredom.

That's it.

Day 5:

Nothing.
Day 10:

Why? Why am I here? I don't understand. If Dream knows about my curse, why isn't he trying to exploit it? Can wither really kill me? So many unanswered questions.

Day ???:

There's going to be a festival. I heard Schlatt way out on the podium announcing it.

(POV - Dream)

I walked down the narrow prison hallway. As much as I didn't want to, I had to side with Pogtopia. It was the only way to bring everything down. I had rigged this entire mountain side with TNT earlier today, and all it took was one person to set it all ablaze. But I needed to move y/n. Too close to the blast radius. As much as it went against my plan, I had to move her. If she managed to leave, it would undo all the progress I hoped I had made.

I grabbed a key from my back pocket, and jammed it into the iron door. The door clicked, and I swung it open. Y/N lay on her bed, looking at the blackstone ceiling with a blank, meaningless expression. She had been in here for more than a month now.

"What do you want?" She asked, not even looking over to me.

She sat up on her bed, and released a big heaving sigh. She had a cold, damnit. I told the others to keep the cell isolated, not unlivable.

I handed her the bowl of mushroom soup I had brought.

"Eat." I said. "You serve no use to me if you're sick."

"Then I won't eat." She said, smiling weakly, looking up at me.

"I wasn't asking. Do it or I'll force you to." I said.

She sighed and began to sip the soup down, slowly at first, before gulping it down rapidly.

"Woah, slow down, no one is going to take it from you." I said, taken aback at the state of livin she was in. It hadn't been long enough quite yet. I studied her, but besides her general ailment, she was fine.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

A few moments passed.

"You should know I don't have anything against you." I said. "It's what's inside of you that intrests me."

"It's all the same thing anyway." She said. "My curse is none of your damn business."

"Maybe." I responded. "But if it can give me the upper hand in this war, I'll do whatever it takes."

"You're disgusting. Using me as a weapon so what? You can be in control. Get a hobby." She said. "Are we done now?"

I almost felt bad.

Almost.

It wasn't her fault she was the one uniquely situated with such abilities. They were vital to my long term success. Maybe, just maybe, if she wasn't so important to my long term plans, we could be allies, friends maybe. Her combat skills were amazing and her sarcastic remarks would fit right in with the team.

But that's not an option. I stood up and reached for the door handle.

"Oh and Dream?" she asked.

I turned to face her.

"Yea?" I asked.

"Fuck you." She responded.

I smiled as I left the room. Then again, maybe not.