Smoke and Fire

Dream and Tommy stopped abruptly as they emerged above the rubble, seeing Philza's house crash to the ground in shambles. A blaze of TNT was still raining down in the air from above, causing the building to collapse even further.

"CALL OF THE TNT!" Dream yelled. No one responded. "Damnit."

Dream retrieved an ender pearl, and threw it up towards the obsidian contraption above.

Tommy watched as Dream disappeared from beside him and reappeared above. He began tampering with the machinerary that was unloading the explosives.

Tommy watched as Dream struggled with the machinery above. TNT continued raining from the sky.

"What's your deal?!" Tommy shouted. "Turn it off already!"

"I didn't make this contraption!" Dream yelled back. "I only supplied the explosives."

Dream stepped back in defeat, and chose a new method of solving things. He retrieved his sword, and drove it though the gears of the massive machine, causing it to stall. But the machine was still active. Just temporarily disabled.

The mechanics inside began rumbling, the pressure of the inner explosives building up.

Dream grabbed the sword with both hands to steady himself.

"Go get her out of there!" Dream yelled, although against his better judgement. "I can't hold this for long."

Tommy didn't hesitate. He ran across the desecrated craters and made his way to the shambles of the house.

He made his way into what was left of the inside. Wooden ceiling boards were collapsing to the ground, and the entire inside was scorched from the blazing fire that was spreading fast.

"Y/N?" Tommy called out. "Y/N where are you?"

Tommy pushed his way through the smoke and fire, stepping over missing floorboards, and coughing in the smog. He grabbed the neck of his red and white shirt and pushed it over his mouth and nose to use as a mask of sorts.

"Y/N?" Tommy called. He muttered to himself. "God please be okay."

Tommy searched the entire house to the best of his ability, but he couldn't find anything. Everything that was here had been decimated by the fire.

Tommy came up to a door near the back of the house that hadn't been destroyed by fire, but rather appeared someone had broken in. The hinges were off put and the entrance was cracked open. A staircase lead down to a lower level of the house.

Tommy cautiously made his way down the stairs. Testing the stability of each one before continuing further. He made it to the bottom, but nothing looked promising. The contents were just the same as the main floor. The house was in shambles, and fire was speeding in different corners of the room.

But still, Tommy had to try.

"Y/N?!" He yelled above the raging explosions and collapsing building. "Are you down here?"

A few seconds went by, but to Tommy, it felt like an eternity. But then he heard a response.

"Over here!" A scratchy voice returned, just barely audible.

Tommy quickly rushed to the sound. He found Y/N, laying on the ground, back against the nearby wall. A large wooden pillar had called across her upper leg, trapping her in place.

"Fancy meeting you here." Y/N said to Tommy, laughing and coughing. "You think you could give me a hand?"

Tommy sat down his weapon, and crouched down, grabbing the massive post. He used all of his force to try and lift it up, but it ended up rolling forward on y/n's leg instead, trapping jt further.

Y/N let out a small sound in response to the pain.

"Okay, maybe don't do that." Y/N said.

"I can't lift it all the way up. It's too heavy." Tommy said. "What do I do?"

"Did you come alone?" Y/N asked.

Tommy got the hint and realized what he needed to do.

"No. I'll go and get Dream." Tommy said.

He ran back through the house quickly, and back outside.

"DREAM!" Tommy called.

"Did you find her?!" Dream asked, no breaking eye contact from the machine he was halting.

"Yes! But she's trapped by a massive wooden support beam." Tommy responded. "I can't fully lift it off of her."

"Well you have to do something!" Dream said. "If I let go of this, it's over."

Tommy looked up at Dream and back to the house. He had to act quick, the whole place was on the verge of total collapse.

He ran back inside and back down to the basement.

"Did you find him?" Y/N asked.

"Well yes, but he can't help. Otherwise we will be in a lot more trouble." Tommy said.

Y/N contemplated the situation for a moment. The smoke was rising in thickness and the fire was spreading. For all they knew they had only minutes before the whole thing came down on top of them.

"Move it off of my leg Tommy." Y/N said.

Tommy looked surprised by this response.

"But y/n-" the boy stammered. "You know I can't lift if fully. I'll have to roll it off of your leg. And that will surely break your ankle, or worse."

Y/N contemplated it a moment longer. Suddenly, several wooden planks from above, fell down in a blaze of sparks and smoke, splitting into several shards only a few feet away from the two.

"Do it, Tommy." Y/N said. "You have to do it, no matter how painful it is."

"But-" Tommy stuttered.

"Do it now!"