Ancient Revenge

"No. No, absolutely not. Anything but him." Dream said.

"Dream-" Philza began.

"Nope. Not even going to consider it." Dream said. "There is NO way I'm going to work with Tommy."

"Dream we don't have many options here." Technoblade said. "I don't know if you've noticed, but not many people are too fond of your right now."

"And you really think Tommy is?" Dream asked sarcastically. He laughed to himself in a slightly delusional manner. "What a joke!"

Dream sat down on a nearby Boulder, resting his masked face in his hands.

"This is all my fault." He murmured. He stood up abruptly and faced away from the other two men, grabbing his mask, and throwing it to his side. "THIS IS MY FAULT. If I hadn't had left, if I would have kept my promise this wouldn't have happened."

Technoblade and Philza exchanged glances, before Technoblade walked over, and bent down to retrieve Dream's mask. He walked up behind him, and held it out. Dream looked over slightly, but made no move to grab it.

"Listen Dream. You and I have had our differences, but that doesn't mean I don't know what you're feeling right now." Technoblade said. "How hard do you think it was for me to leave her back at that castle so long ago, alone with a curse and no guidance from anyone who knew what it was like? It destroyed me inside, but like you, I thought I was doing it to benefit her. I know you don't like Tommy, and he certainly isn't going to jump at the opportunity to work with you. But he's been one of y/n's closest friends since the beginning."

Dream didn't respond, instead he grabbed the mask from Technoblade's hand, and fastened it behind his head again.

"Now come on. We're on a time-sensitive operation remember? I have no idea what those plant-worshipping freaks are planning on doing to my sister but I don't want to find out." Technoblade said. "I'm sure once Tommy sees we're doing this for y/n he'll agree to help."

_______________________________

"No. Absolutely never gonna happen green boy." Tommy said. The four men stood outside of the shambles of Tommy's house which he was trying yet again to repair.

"Tommy you didn't even let me tell you what I need help with." Dream said.

"You didn't ask me before you blew up L'Manberg either, did you? That goes for all three of you." Tommy said. "So no, I won't hear you out."

"Tommy-" Dream began.

"Did you bring the disks. Either one of them?" Tommy asked.

"What?" Dream asked in confusion. "No, Tommy this isn't about-"

"Exactly. So why would I help you?" Tommy said. "Now if you excuse me, I need to return to fixing my house for the fifth time since I've gotten back from exile. Also thanks to you."

"TOMMY FOR TWO SECONDS CAN YOU STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF?!" Dream yelled, losing his patience with the younger boy.
"Y/N's life is at stake here, maybe worse, and if all you're concerned about is a couple of music records than we'll find help elsewhere."

"Me, selfish? You of all people wants to call me-" Tommy paused for a moment, processing what Dream had said entirely. "Did you say
Y/N's life is at stake?"

Dream sighed, and riled his eyes behind his mask. He unclenches his fists and took a breath before answering.

"Yes, Tommy." Dream responded.

"Why didn't you just say that in the beginning?" Tommy asked accusingly. "What the hell happened?"

This is going to be a long mission. Dream thought to himself.