Before Its Too Late

It had been one month since y/n had disappeared from the SMP, and into the nether. When Tommy told the other citizens of L'Manberg, they were downcast, and quietly went back to work rebuilding their nation.

They had assumed the worst. But Tubbo and Tommy spent their days planning a rescue.

"But what could we do?" Tubbo asked Tommy. "We don't have the supplies to make a nether portal. And Dream won't help us."

"I don't know, Tubbo." Tommy said, hands on his head, fingers combing through his dusty blond hair. "I don't know."

"Do you think the others are right? Is she really gone for good?" Tubbo said, pacing back and forth in the kitchen. "She's got to be okay, right? She-"

"I DON'T KNOW" Tommy screamed.

Tubbo stopped in his tracks, taken aback.

"S-sorry." Tubbo respond, his eyes tear-filled. "Im just worried, is all."

Tommy looked up at the boy, realizing he had been harsh.

"No, don't be sorry." Tommy said. "I shouldn't have yelled at you."

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, Tubbo proposed an idea.

"Do you think her room would hold anything of value to our rescue mission?" he asked. "I mean she did come from royalty, so she probably has some neat stuff that cou-"

Tubbo stopped, and clamped his hands over his mouth. He had forgotten that it was a sensitive subject with Y/N, and that he was the only one who knew.

"What?" Tommy said.

"Oops." Tubbo responded. "I wasn't supposed to say that."

"No, no, go on." Tommy said.

"I-I shouldn't. Y/N said that-" Tubbo was cut off.

"I don't care what y/n said, she's gone. Anything she told you while she was here may help us." Tommy responded.

"Well, I guess you're right." Tubbo said, shifting his weight nervously from foot to foot.

Tubbo recited a generalization on what Y/N had told him that day, laying in the grass, before everything had gone bad.

"Lets go check her room," Tommy said. "C'mon"

The two boys ran up the stairs, stumbling along the way, as they both attempt to fit in the narrow corridor. They made their way down the hallway and into y/n's old room.

They skirmish around, looking everywhere for anything of value.

"Hey look." Tommy said. Tubbo looked over to see Tommy retrieving a large box from under the bed.

The two gather around it, and Tommy hostess it on top of the bed. They look at each other, and then back to the box.

Tommy lifted the lid off of the box, revealing many things. One of Y/N's favorite purple and gold embroidered capes was folded neatly on the left side of the box. On top was a brown leather book, with a dragon image pressed into the cover. A gold clasp was hinged on the right side.

"We shouldn't read it." Tubbo said. "It could be personal stuff."

"But what if it-" Tommy began to protest.

"Look!" Tubbo cut him off. On the left side of the box, beneath old photos of Y/N and some strange people, there was a beautifully crafted jewelry box. Tubbo carefully lifted it out of the box.

He handed it to Tommy who inspected it. He lifted the lid of teh box to reveal a purple velvet interior. The two didn't discuss it, but they both thought they felt the room grow colder. The box was empty, a ring was missing.