Back to the Overworld

After 5 months total in the nether, the portal was finally ready to be lit.

My hair was absolutely recked with weird pinkish highlights. And as far as I knew, they were permanent.

I wasn't ready to leave. But I could not bear the thought of the voices controlling me, permanently, stealing away my free will forever. As we stood in front of the nether portal, I looked to my brother, who stood there with a half hearted smile.

"Come with me, Techno, please." I begged. "Don't stay here."

"I'd love to." Techno said. "But for now, my place is here. Some day, I'll build up the strength to join you. Hopefully soon. But not today. Now go, don't make me force you to."

"Will I ever see you again?" I asked.

"For your sake, let's hope not." He said. "But, maybe, one day."

I ran to my brother and embraced him in one last hug, before stepping backwards. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

I stepped into the portal, purple energy swirling around me. As I faded from one reality to the next, I heard Technos final words to me.

"Remember what you've been taught." He said. "I'll miss you, y/n."

________________________________

I emerged on the other side of the portal, my legs wobbling from the new atmospheric pressure of the overworld. I was in a forest. The one near Manberg, I hoped, although I couldn't see the towering black and yellow walls of my home.

I stumbled off of the small obsidian base of the portal. I considered turning back to see my brother again, but I knew it wouldn't be wise to go back. I staggered through the forest, using rough oak tree trunks as support. The evening light of the sun shone through, lighting my way. I had to hurry. I was in no condition to fight mobs. My arm was throbbing like I had just done a 24 workout in just that area. Damn wither skeleton really wrecked me.

I made my way through the shrubbery, with the occasional berry bush catching on my black pants, and yanking me back. I walked for about a half mile, no L'Manberg in sight. Night would come soon, so I thought it best to look for shelter.

I found a river, and nearby, an abandoned cave. I decided this was better than anything, so I went inside. I set up a campfire, and ate the small berries I had collected. They had a bittersweet taste that coated my mouth. Gross. But food is food, and I needed it. After my sore excuse for a meal, I decided it would be best to try and get some sleep.

I pushed a large stone boulder in front of the cave entrance, as to prevent any unwanted mobs entering. I took a large branch, and tied it with twine. I stuck it in the fire. The sparks and flames of the fire licked at the branch, before catching flames. I wedged the makeshift torch in the stone walls, and put out my main fire. I lay down on the rough stone ground. Facing away from the torch, and towards the far wall of the cave, I could see a shadow casted by the torch and my own silhouette. I lay there and watched the flickering light for what felt like forever, but was probably closer to a couple of minutes. As my eyes began to shut, I thought I saw another shadow flicker and then disappear. Strange. I used my hands to push my tired body over to the other side. Crouching there was Dream, and he held a diamond axe to my throat.

"Nice to see you again." He said.

_______________________________

(3rd person - L'Manberg)

From the other room, Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo,and Fundy heard a small scream of surprise.

They all ran into the medical room, to see that Y/N was awake.

"Y/N are you okay?" Wilbur asked, concern in his voice. "You've been out for a while."

She sat up, looking around at the medical room, frantically.

"Where's Dream?" She asked panicky, checking around, and out the window.

"He's not here." Wilbur said. "He can't hurt you anymore."

Wilbur placed his hands on Y/N's shoulders to reassure her.

She took a breath of relief.

"He'll come back though." y/n said. "I ran, I escaped from-"

"He won't come looking for you." Fundy said. "Because Tommy offered Dream his disks for L'Manberg, and your freedom."

"Really?" Y/N responded. "Can I see him? Tommy, and Tubbo?"

Wilbur smiled.

"Boys."

The pair barged through the door, practically falling onto the carpeted hardwood floor below. Y/N smiled, because it reminded her of their first encounter.

"Y/N!" They both shouted at once.

Tubbo embraced y/n in a hug, and Tommy stood there, a bit awkwardly.

"Get over here, you." Y/N said to Tommy.

The three embraced in a hug.

"Your hair is weird now." Tubbo said, pulling back from the hug. Instant realization as to how that could be offensive hit him, and he quickly struggled to recover. "It's cool though. Is it pink? It looks pink. Pink is cool."

Y/N laughed, and Tubbo embraced the hug once again.

"Be careful, you two. Y/N has had quite the adventures, and may need some time to rest." Wilbur said.

"Rest is for the weak," Tommy said. He grabbed her hand and the trio began their way outside.

Wilbur stopped Y/N in the hallway.

"I'm serious y/n, take it easy." He said, in a low voice. "You fractured a rib, your arm is, well I'm not sure, and readjustment to the overworld is hard at first."

Y/N nodded, and followed the two younger boys outside, where they rolled in the grassy fields, and practiced mock combat.

For several days, the nation spent their time together, as a family, rebuilding their home, laughing, and enjoying each other's company.

No sign of the Dream team. Y/N hadn't heard the voices since the lessons with Technoblade, and she was learning how to harness her strength.

Tubbo and Tommy never left her side, which was fine by her. They were her brothers, and her best friends.

Everything was at peace.

And for once, things were good.

But all good things come to an end.