Edging Towards Insanity

(3rd Person)

"Tommy, come with me." Wilbur said, leaning into Tommy's bedroom.

The two walked up the narrow spiral stairwell out of the ravine, and into the forest.

"How are you, Tommy?" Wilbur asked, as they walked through the woods. Spring air filled their lungs, the smell of leaves and wild flours filled the wind.

"I miss y/n, and the old L'Manberg. Our home. And Tubbo, although he visits sometimes."

"I know. Me too." Wilbur said. They walked for a minute in silence. "But consider this."

Tommy looked up his president.

"We didn't give our people the choice to elect us, and when we did, they didn't want us" Wilbur said, dead serious. He stopped, and turned to look at the young boy.

"Yea, but, that election wasn't fair! Schlatt-" Tommy protested.

"We allowed conjoined votes. It was fair. We lost. And now we are trying to overthrow the democratic government they formed." Wilbur spoke.

Tommy stood before his mentor, not knowing what to make of this monologue.

"Are we the bad guys, Tommy?" Wilbur asked. "Am I? Am I the villain, in this story?"

"No!" Tommy responded hastily. "We-we are just trying to get back our land that we were wrongfully banned from. They are the ones that took over, kicked us out, and took y/n."

"Come with me Tommy." Wilbur said.

They walked in silence through the grassy forest. The trees slowly thinned out to reveal a mountain, which had a man-made entrance carved into it. They walked inside down a narrow stone hallway. Inside there was a wooden chair, surrounded by 4 stone walls. The walls had signs randomly placed around them, with frantic etchings of the L'Manberg anthem scrawled into them. Amongst the insanity in this room, was a small wooden button. In arms reach of the chair.

"This button," Wilbur said. "Will release 11 tons of destruction upon 'Manburg'."

"You aren't really considering that, are you Will?" Tommy asked, bewildered by the state of mind his friend and comrade had fallen to.

"They are hosting a festival soon, Tommy." Wilbur said. "To celebrate democracy. Tubbo is going to give a speech. It's perfect."

"Wilbur, you can't- we can't do this!" Tommy protested. "We have to take back our land, not destroy it. And think about Y/N. She's trapped somewhere over there, we can't risk it."

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes." Wilbur said. "You are only against me because you want to be president."

"That's not-!" Tommy began

"Well, it's never going to happen." Wilbur responded, sharply. "It never was. So if that's why you're so adamant about taking back L'Manberg, don't be."

Tommy looked around at the room full of senseless madness. His friend stood, wide eyed, waiting expectantly for Tommy's response. He no longer wore his old tattered, revoutionalry outfit. He wore black attire with a brown trenchcoat over it. His hear was covered by a mop of unkempt brown hair. He was breathing heavily, the thrill mixed with fear of destroying everything filling his every thought.

"Where'd you even get this much explosive ammo?" Tommy asked, not sure if he really wanted to hear the response.

"Dream." Wilbur replied, simply.

"You-what?!" Tommy felt anger rising up in him. "You sided with the man thats holding one of our own captive, my best friend?!"

"I'm not siding with him." Wilbur responded, "Dream doesn't care who comes out on top. He just wants both sides to be weak, so that he can reign supreme."