Warden

A staggering figure limped slowly down a narrow, dimly-lit hallway. Each step came with some amount of pain, causing the figure to wince and continue on.

It would be in his best interest to go back home and live safely and peacefully for as long as he could. There were enough people out there, it wouldn't take long for someone to come after him again.

It would be best too not get involved in anything that involved Dream. As far as Dream was concerned, the figure had done all he could, and was done dealing with him.

He wasn't afraid....

At least he told himself that.

But yet here he was, going in the wrong direction.

The man slowly made his way down the prison corridor, looking into each small cell as he went, his battle-worn armor reflecting faintly off of the cell bars.

He tripped ever so slightly, causing him to grab desperately at the wound in his stomach.

Given that the wound had just recently been inflicted, it was no surprise it was still around,

"Shit." The figure muttered under his breath, pulling the makeshift bandage tighter across his abdomen.

He stumbled a few cells further, before coming to the source of the noise he knew he had been hearing.

Technoblade stood up slowly, eyeing the figure carefully, and deciding if this was the best person to ask for help.

"Technoblade?" The figure asked. "What are you doing in here?"

The figure's gaze quickly turned to the bloodstained floor beside Technoblade. No one was there, at least not anymore, and by the looks of Technoblade, the blood wasn't his.

"Sam." Technoblade responded, acknowledging the warden. "As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad you're here."

Sam shook his head, trying to process this entire situation.

"What the hell happened Technoblade?" Sam asked, examining Technoblade's bloodstained hands and clothes. His mind raced to the worst possibility. "Did you...kill someone?"

Technoblade in turn looked the warden up and down. His messy green hair was out of place and sporadic, his stomach was wrapped in a blood-stained bandage, and he wore weak armor.

"I should ask you the same thing Sam." Technoblade responded. The two men looked at each other in defiance.

Neither of them trusted each other, that much was clear.

"Answer the-" Sam began.

"No. I didn't kill anyone." Technoblade said through gritted teeth, withholding his anger. "Now answer mine. What happened to you?"

"Dream happened." Sam responded simply. Technoblade nodded, understanding the circumstance.

Sam didn't need to hear a response from Technoblade to figure out that Dream had payed a visit here as well. Sam glanced frequently at Technoblade's bloodstained hands as they both stood in nervous awaiting silence.

"It's not mine." Technoblade said, answering the warden's unspoken question. "And I'd rather not get into it, so can you just let me out?"

Sam paused for a moment, knowing the keys to the small cells were just around the corner. He nodded and slowly walked away. Technoblade watched him in an untrusting manner until he was out of view.

"He's not bringing the keys back, is he?" Technoblade muttered under his breath.

Sam slowly made his way back around the main entrance of the prison, guarding his stab wound and watching to make sure Dream hadn't come back.