Never Safe

Story note: for story progression purposes, I'm changing the area where Dream confronts Sapnap about getting his armor back.

"So you're honestly saying that the previous president, who we all saw die, is standing right next to me?" Quackity asked.

Quackity, Wilbur, and Sapnap stood around Y/N in utter disbelief from her claims. Each of them exchanged glances with the other, and Quackity glanced over to the empty space around him, as if Schlatt would appear to him as well.

"I told you they wouldn't believe you." J. Schlatt said, laughing to himself. "I mean, it's Quackity we're talking about."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at the remark.

"What?" Quackity said, turning to where he imagined J. Schlatt would be standing. "What did he say? What did you say? Y/N tell me now."

"I thought you didn't believe me." Y/N responded. Quackity paused, and crossed his arms in defiance.

"You're right. I don't." Quackity said, turning away in protest for several moments, before turning back again in defeat. "But in theory, if I did-"

"I'll give you some choice words to tell him." J. Schlatt said, before naming out a long list of inappropriate insults, many of which Y/N had no understanding of their meaning. Some of the terminology made no sense, but was evidently vile nonetheless.

"I am NOT repeating that" Y/N responded to J. Schlatt.

"WHAT DID HE SAY?!" Quackity asked again, pulling out his sword. "I swear I'll be the reason you die twice. Where are you?!"

Quackity began swinging the sword at the air aimlessly. Revivebur, Ghostbur, and Sapnap all watched him with expressions that made Y/N look like the sane one.

"So, are we choosing to believe the whole ghost story?" Revivebur asked.

"No one asked for your input." Y/N responded. "And it's not a story, they're there."

Revivebur exchanged a look with Sapnap, who shrugged.

"You think I know anything about this?" Sapnap asked. "She was on your side of the war."

"I guess it could be part of that curse she's got going on." Revivebur said, nodding to himself.

"Don't act like you know shit." Y/N said. "I only told Tommy and Tubbo about that while you were still here."

Revivebur turned suddenly with a cold glare to face Y/N. Something in him had snapped. His patience for his old comrade instantly dissipated.

"Yea, well, news flash, everyone who doesn't live under a fucking rock knows all about it now." Revivebur said. "At least I am actually trying to help rather than use you like everyone else!"

Y/N sat back in shock from the sudden outburst. She looked over to Wilbur's ghostly counterpart, and he shrugged in return.

"I'm going outside to get some fresh air." Revivebur said.

"That's a lie." J. Schlatt said, laughing.Y/N looked over at Schlatt thinking he was going to offer something useful. "He's probably going to go punch a wall, or stab something, or someone. I wouldn't try to stop him, or you might be that someone."

Revivebur exited the room, slamming the door behind him, and with him went Ghostbur, but not before turning around to offer a small wave goodbye.

Interesting. It seemed where one went, the other followed.

It must be some rule with deceased spirits. Maybe Schlatt was somehow bonded with Quackity in a way.

"Yea, I don't want any part of whatever life crisis crap you have going on. Count me out." Schlatt said, before exiting the room alone.