New Beginnings

The rain was falling from the grey clouds, making sold splashing sounds on the wooden path around me. I walked, hood on, looking down, hoping no unwanted attention would be brought to me. I had no idea where I was going. Wilbur was gone, Tommy had been exiled to a location no one would, or rather was allowed to tell me, and my brother was no where to be found, with wanted posters hanging around the SMP land.

I had no one left. It was just like the time after I burned down my kingdom. I had no idea who half the people wandering around the land were, or who their allegiance lay with.

The path stretched across a small hill, where vines hung down over the grassy mountain side. As I walked along the vine-surrounded path, I heard distant voices ring out.

"Eret, you aren't king anymore." A voice said. "The throne belongs to George now."

Eret. I know him. George? I hadn't seen him since the first war of L'Manberg.

"I built this castle, and you think you can just kick me out of it, Dream?"

Shit. Too close for comfort.

I made a run down the path, looking down at the road as I leaned into a sprint, my brown and black leather boots slapping against the wet wooden pathway. I could feel my heart pounding and the sound of my heavy breathing as I made my way down the pathway.

Suddenly a blunt force made me stammer back, and fall onto the wet ground. I could feel the water soaking through my clothing.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry." A voice said.

I looked up to see a man wearing red and black attire, his face hidden by the cowl of his cloak. His hand was reached out to help me up. I took his offer, and he helped pull me back up. We looked at each other for a moment of silence.

"Thank you. Well, see you around." I said.

"See ya." The voice responded. Something about it sounded familiar.

I began to walk past the mysterious figure, but curiosity got the best of me. I had to know who it was.

"Wait." I said. The figure turned back to face me.

"Yea?" He responded.

"This may sound strange, but, do I know you?" I asked.

"I don't think so, I've never seen you around." He responded.

"Shit, that was so embarrassing, I just thought you sounded familiar." I said. I felt the heat rising in my face from embarrassment.

"Hey, language." He said.

Wait a minute.

"Halo?" I said.

"Well most people call me BadBoyHalo, but I guess if that's too long you cou-" he said. He stopped, making the same realization as me. "Y/N?!"

"Oh my god- sorry, gosh, it's you." I said. I didn't really have that deep of a relationship with BadBoyHalo, but he was the only decent person at that prison. "Your outfit really contradicts your personality you know?"

"Yea." He said, laughing nervously. "You know, you should probably get going, Dream is looking for you."

"What's new?" I said. "But you're right. Well, see you."

I began walking away again.

"Wait." BadBoyHalo said. I stopped and turned around. "If you wanted, you could live with me and Skeppy."

It was an enticing offer. Not sure who this 'Skeppy' is, though. At least I'd have somewhere to go.

"I wouldn't want to be a bother." I said. "You could get in trouble if Dream found out yo-"

"That muffin doesn't scare me." Halo responded.

"Muffin? Nevermind, anyways, are you sure it wouldn't be a bother?" I asked.

"Not at all, actually I'd be pretty fun. Dream is about the only company we ever get, and he's, well, you've met him." BadBoyHalo said. "And we kind of live in a mansion, so if you really wanted, you could probably go unnoticed."

I stood there for a moment. A new family. A new beginning. There may actually be a light at the end of this tunnel.

"Sure, let's do it." I responded.

"Sweet let's go!" BBH responded. "Not really many rules for our house. But there is one: no bad language."

"Got it." I said laughing. "I'll try my best."

______________________________
3rd Person POV

After putting Eret in his place, Dream left the castle and headed down towards the slow rebuilding site of the ruined Manberg. He climbed through the destruction, looking for anything of interest. He looked to where the original house had been, long ago. It was a pile of wood and brick scraps.

He walked over to it, shifting through the debris. Crushed beds, useless documents, and shattered kitchenware lay around the ruined house. Useless.

As Dream walked away from the ruined his house, he kicked up bricks and wooden planks. As he neared the edge of the destruction site, he kicked up one more plank, revealing a book. It wasn't just any book though. It was a dine leather, with a dragon etched into the cover. A now broken metal clasp was pinned to the front of the book.

Dream bent down, retrieving the book. He dusted it off with his hand, and studied the exterior. He lifted open the cover, revealing the front page.

It read:
Diary and Log of Y/N

"Is that so?" Dream said out loud, smirking. He closed the cover, and tucked it behind his cape.

He walked off, not a second thought in his mind as to whether or not he should read it. The earlier thoughts of a possible friendship between the two were blocked out by the desire for power.

"This should be fun." He said.