Chapter 74

(A/N: Thank you guys for 5000 votes! This chapter is short but I hope you enjoy it. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Hands off! He's mine!" Serena snapped as her swords found their way through the stomach of one of the Circle members that had shoved Alec to the ground, the woman falling into a pool of her own blood.

Things were going to hell.

Valentine and the Circle had taken over the Institute. With Madzie at his side, he was able to trick the girl into taking down their forces easily.

As far as he knew, Alec was the only one alive, which had terrified him because Serena had gone off with a team of her own to secure the tunnels. But he was filled with relief at the sound of her voice.

A man then ran for them but was met with Aldertree's blade as Alec got up and reclaimed his weapons, the ex-medic having gone off with a team of his own headed for the armoury and also being the only survivor.

"Not bad, for a diplomat," Alec said to him before turning on his wife. "You can't be here!"

"No way am I leaving you here!"

"Serena look! If Valentine gets his hands on you and the Institute's power core, he can activate the sword. You need to be as far from here as possible."

Serena shook his arms off her as she said stubbornly, "I am not leaving you here. I have an exit plan. Valentine will not touch me."

Alec was still hesitant as Serena placed her hand on his cheek.

"Your fight is mine from now until the day we die."

"And even then, we shall never be separated," he finished, lines from their wedding vows.

Their lips met quickly before Aldertree interrupted.

"Look, I get that you two are having a moment, but might I suggest that we get out of here before more Circle members find us."

And with a glare at the older man, the trio was off, even though they had no clue what to do next.