Rivals

AN: I promised and here u go! I am including the last chapter information as a reminder skip to the dashed line if you don't want to reread (though it's not much)

I HAVE REALLY BAD WRITTERS BLOCK SO THIS IS HONESTLY REALLY NOT MY BEST WORK BUT I AM DOING MY BEST BECAUSE I LOVE THIS IDEA AND I MIGHT REWATCH IT

Kara's POV (I have been doing a lot of Kara's POV's Ik surprising)

I leap draining another jump shot from mid-range.

As our home crowd bursts into cheers, I run to the other end of the court to play defense.

Before I could even get my footing I see a flash of black and green and nearly fall on my ass trying to guard her as I drop step but it's too late.

Lena Luthor was past my defense and my team's defense scoring an easy reverse layup just to rub it in my face.

I growl as Adora passes me the ball and I slow down and dribble up the court.

I see Lena smirking at me from her spot at the top of the key.

She raises her eyebrow in a cocky challenge as if to say "beat that". She believes I can't.

I scoff internally and push forward trying to drive past her which is what she anticipated.

What she didn't anticipate was my doing a crossover through my legs before pulling back and draining a three right in her face.

She looks agitated as the buzzer signals the end of the quarter.

Because of my 3, we were up by 2.

I send her a wink before huddling with my team and coach as she reviews plays that I already know and drink some water.

I dump some on my head to cool off as I glance at Lena who had a far-off look in her eyes as she stares at me.

I don't let my confusion show but she shakes off the look and just stares at me.

I chuckle and wink at her before blowing her a mocking kiss.

Instead of responding like she normally does she just ignores me and turns back to her coach. Her whole body was tense.

Before I could think on it further I get whacked upside my head by Alex as she says "Stop eye-fucking your girlfriend and pay attention"

I glare at my sister and say "She isn't my girlfriend" but it falls on deaf ears as everyone is back to listening to coach explain the first play we will run after the house.

I glance back over at Lena once I had memorized the play only to find her eyes already on me...

I glare at her and childishly stick my tongue out at her trying for some sort of response like normal but I don't get one.

Something changed when she was distracted, but what was it...

(New chapter starts here)

I don't have time to think about it anymore because the buzzer signals the end of halftime.

I jog onto the court with my teammates and to my surprise, Lena isn't the person who guards me.

My eyebrows furrow and I glance around the court only to find her guarding Alex who looks just as confused as I do.

Lena and I always guard each other. We were both shooting guards.

Clarke passes me the ball to start the quarter before I could think more on it.

----------------------------

The final buzzer sounds and I smile as I look at the scoreboard.

I didn't really need to I knew the score already.