The Danvers Trio

AN  I hope you enjoy the chapter, it is a basketball AU so enjoy.

Lena's POV

They were actually unstoppable.

It was impressive. Well and truly impressive.

The Danvers Trio.

Three sisters.

Alex Danvers. The oldest was the point point guard and captain of the team. She was fiercely protective of her team and known throughout the league for her incredible ball handling. She can and will cross anyone in between her and the basket. She was committed to play at the UCLA. Well technically she committed last year as a junior but not the point.

Carol Danvers. The middle child. Shooting guard. I once saw her make 30 three pointers in a row during a practice. Even with people double teaming her she still finds away to either make an assist or drain a bucket herself. She has about 20 D1 colleges trying to get her to play for them as a junior. She hasn't committed and makes no plan to at the moment. She says and I quote 'I like seeing them try and get my attention'

I internally roll my eyes at the thought of the cocky blonde.

And last but not least Kara Danvers. 6 foot 4 inches of pure muscle and basketball talent. She is a freshman. In high school. And she has coaches talking to her from every college on the face of this planet. If she gets the ball in the key she will make moves. On top of being the tallest girl in the league by a good couple of inches she is one of the strongest as well.

I have seen her throw the ball full court without much effort and people have slammed into her trying to get through her screens. That never ends well for them.

This is the first year that all three will be playing together and to put it simply we are dominating.

I glance at the scoreboard from my spot next to my best friend Valkyrie. We where both juniors but I was the same age as most of the freshman. Being smart I skipped a couple of grades and I probably should skip more it is getting boring, but there is one thing keeping me here for a little while at least...

94-68 with 3 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

This was the seventh game of our season that was a complete blow out.

The starters where in right now but only to work on their off hand. Everyone knew this game was over.

Alex dribbled down the court and passed the ball to Carol who drained a corner three left handed.

I smile as Valkyrie changes the scoreboard and I write down the assist and bucket in the team log.

Our other friend Maggie plops down next to us and says 'How's my girl doing?'

Maggie had been dating Alex for almost 2 years now, and in the middle of that time became best friends with Val and I.

We had to do a probability project and we decided to use the basketball team in it.

I kept track of the likely hood each person had of making each shot.

Maggie saw and questioned. We explained and ended up talking for most of the game.

'She is missing from her normally hot spot but is on fire in a different area so it balances' Val says with a smile as she changes the score for the other team.

I nod my agreement as my attention stays on the court.

After Maggie had interrogated us about her project we exchanged numbers. She accidentally mentioned it to Alex and Alex seemed to want to more so she approached me.