Boarding School

AN: Hello okay so I am 1-week post up from surgery and for people who haven't experienced anesthesia it is weeeeeird. I am alive though with two fewer boobs and I am finally able to get on my computer without pain so I am sorry its been a minute! 

AN: This is a rewrite of one of my old stories that is an AU at a boarding school as you can tell from the title, I hope you enjoy it there are going to be some differences that I haven't done before, and characters who don't have powers will have powers 

Kara's POV

My mom pulls up in front of the academy as I adjust the black sweater vest I was wearing over the white button-down. I open the door and adjust the plaid skirt that went with the uniform. The National City Academy crest was on the breast of the sweater vest which didn't help with the itchiness of the uncomfortable outfit.

I was about to shut the door of the SUV but my mom's voice says "Have a good day at school" while giving me a warm smile. 

I smile back and say "Thanks mom" 

I go to shut the door again when she quickly says "Remember to keep your glasses on. With your powers, it is now part of your secret identity. Your aunt and Mama really want you to join the family business soon and if you still have the desire it is even more important"

I grab at a strand of my now brunette hair and twiddle it in between my fingers as I say "I know Mom. Have a good day at work." Before shutting the door and seeing my reflection in the window.

Seeing myself with brunette hair still throws me off. I have been a bleach blonde my whole life and the only reason I am brunette right now is because of the super high-tech glasses I am wearing. They make my hair brunette when I wear them. It reverts back to blonde when I take them off and hopefully in the future they will store my super suit.

My mom drove off a couple of seconds ago so I finally turn around and face the dauntingly large school.

I take a deep breath and sling my bag higher up on my shoulder as I walk up the stairs of the school.

It takes me a little while to find my locker but I get there eventually and I tuck some books in before shutting my locker and walking to my first class. AP Physics. 

Yay!

I roll my eyes but take a seat toward the back.

I grab out some supplies and the bell rings shortly after.

The teacher walks in right before the bell rings with a raven-haired girl right on her heels. She was wearing a similar uniform to me but was wearing pants instead of a skirt like I was wearing. She had green eyes, pale skin, and a scowl on her face as she pulls the headphones off of her ears and down around her neck as she walks into the rows of chairs.

It took me a second to realize that the only seat was next to me.

My eyes widen and I force my eyes to the front of the room and stop looking at the girl who started to glare at me.

I avoid eye contact at all costs as the teacher starts talking.

It only takes her 15 minutes of the hour-long class to explain everything we would be doing in the class.

After that, she says "Take the rest of the time to get to know the person next to you they will be your partner for the rest of the year."

My eyes widen.

I turn and look at the girl and start to say something but her headphones are already on and she was drawing something in her notebook. 

I decide not to say anything. But she is my partner I should say something. I turn back to her and open my mouth to say something but quickly realize that I have no idea what the hell to say so I face the front again.