She is Back

Lena's POV

"DID YOU HEAR!!!???" My best friend, Sam, yells in my ear as she slams my locker shut.

I glare at her and open my locker again and say "Did I hear about what?"

"SHE IS BACK!" She yells not lowering her voice at all. 

I flinch away from her voice and reopen my locker before I grab my books out of my locker and put them in my bag before saying "Who is back?"

"KARA DANVERS" Her volume increases and we get some weird looks.

I wack her arm and shush her before the name she yelled at me sets in and I yell back "SHE IS BACK!!???"

"YES!!!"

I grab my best friend's arm and drag her into the abandoned classroom on our right and say "You mean the Kara Danvers? As in the Kara Danvers that moved to Australia 4 years ago? As in the Kara Danvers that was one of our best friends?'

"Yep"

Shock washes over me even more as I quietly add "Also the quiet nerdy girl that I had a massive crush on since the second grade?" 

"That girl exactly and guess what?" Sam says practically jumping up and down with excitement. 

I raise an eyebrow at her. 

"Apparently she had a major glow up and is drop-dead gorgeous now!" Sam says shaking me by my shoulders. 

"Well she was drop-dead gorgeous before so what the hell is she now?" I say concern lacing my voice. 

"You may pass out when you see her. I have heard everyone fawning over her in all my classes. She got taller and joined the basketball team down under aka she is in crazy great shape, and started wearing contacts." Sam says as we walk into the hallway and toward our next class. 

I picture my former crush with the changes and giggle at the mental image that is a mashup of the short nerdy girl I knew and liked a lot and the hot girl Sam described. 

I wave Sam off and say "4 years isn't that much time she couldn't have changed that much. She was our friend before she left we should invite her and Alex to game night. We can catch up on all the stuff that happened while they were in Australia." I smirk internally at the blush that crosses Sam's cheeks at the mention of her former crush. 

"Sounds like a plan. But do you really think that you can form enough coherent words to ask her that? I mean when we were younger you barely talked to her and when you did you stuttered all of your sentences."

I roll my eyes at my best friend and say "That was then and this is now. I mean I don't have feelings for her anymore so I should be able to talk to her" 

Sam raises a skeptical eyebrow and then says "Okay then, I have to go this is my class. I will see you after school?" I nod and I leave her to head to my class.

I split away from her and start thinking about Kara. We were so close before she left. That being said we didn't exactly leave on good terms.

I was heartbroken when she told me that she was leaving. 

I mean she was my best friend and my first love. Would you not be if you were me?

The worst part was that she didn't give me any warning. She showed up at my house at 10 o'clock at night with her bags packed and her mom and sister in the car down the street on the night they were leaving.

She told me that she was leaving and wouldn't be back. She tried to tell me that our friendship was all fake and that she never cared about me. I saw right through that. I know she was trying to distance herself from me so it would be easier for me to forget her. She said it herself. She said "Forget me. You meant nothing to me. And I never cared about you!"