Golf AU PT 2

AN: Heyo I hope you enjoy this story if you don't know golf that well

(also I am adding something to this chapter that kinda creates a plot hole just go with it) 

Lena's POV

"What exactly are we doing here?" I question Kara as we walk onto the range late in the evening after a week straight of finding our rhythm as caddy and player. 

It was also a week straight of questioning why Kara would freeze every couple of holes and why her entire family and friends would walk around with us. 

"Your long game is atrocious," Kara says as she opens the door for us. 

"Fuck you" I snap immediately. 

"Not like that calm down. Also, swear jar" She says glaring at me. We started using a swear jar after I said fuck 20 times in one round. All the money in it goes to the caddie's tip jar so I didn't really mind but I really missed swearing more, it may be the thing that makes me go broke. "Look the tour average drive is 360 yards yours is 290 on a good day." 

"You don't think I can beat them with a slight distance disadvantage?" 

"I think you can but let's not push our luck. You can get your swing speed up and get at least 10-20 more yards. Once we do that we get your consistency so good with your long irons and woods (the clubs that make the ball go the farthest)" 

"You know you are a bit bitchy for accusing me of being that way" I grumble under my breath as I set my bag down. 

"I never claimed I wasn't," she says simply. "Your reputation is more important than mine so I am allowed to be a bitch." 

There was a scattering of people across the range but no one was too close to us. 

I roll my eyes and pull out my pitching wedge to get started warming up while Kara pulls up a chair and sits behind me. 

"Tell me about yourself," she says simply. 

I take a couple of practice swings loosening muscles as I say "I was born in Ireland 25 years ago. I was adopted by the Luthors when I was 4 after my mother passed away." She gives me a look that says don't give me the details I can find with 10 minutes of googling. "I love reading in bed with a glass of wine. If it's a good book I could read it in a night or a couple of hours." I pause thinking for more information about myself "I love animals I foster when I am offseason, I have a collection of cars I restore and then give away at charity functions my parents throw. I love listening to music before the 2000s. The older the better."

"So you are an old soul? That explains why you like golf so much" 

"Just a bit." I say with a chuckle "So what's your story, Kara Danvers?" 

She smiles sadly out into the distance as she says "I was born 23 years ago to Alura and Zor. (I know it's Zor-el I am just trying to make it more human in this story because Kara is human in it.) When I was 7 we got into a car accident and my parents passed and I was adopted by the Danvers. I got an amazing sister and adoptive parents as well as cousins who were practically my sisters as well. I listen to 2010s pop music and musical theater. I have an adorable golden retriever at home who is the smiliest pup ever. I am not a fan of reading no matter how much my cousin begged me to read her favorite books"

"Which cousin? Meredith or Maggie?" I question neither really seemed like the type to be a big reader. 

Before she could respond Alex walked up to us with the golden retriever Kara was talking about before and says "How's it going?"

The dog leaves Alex's hand and runs up to Kara giving her a big kiss before sitting right on Kara's feet and getting scratches from Kara. 

"Lena this is Caroline Grey" (Fun fact that's Lexie's middle name) My eyebrows furrow for a second but I school my face to friendly after I see the service dog vest around the dog.