Scars

AN: Hello! I have major fucking writer's block so I have been struggling hardcore to write chapters so I am sorry if I am not the most consistent with updates. (plus I have finals so I need to focus on those as well) 

This will be a short chapter

Lena's POV

"How did you get the scar on your forehead Kara? I thought you couldn't get hurt?" I question as Kara takes the seat on the couch next to me with a box of potstickers in hand. 

She lifts up a hand and traces the scar above her right eyebrow before she says "I wasn't always invulnerable. I was on Krypton for 13 years and like all 13-year-olds I did some dumb shit." with a chuckle before adding "My dad let me come with him to the science guild when I was 10 and work on some experiments of my own. I was trying to create a teleportation device and when I tried my first prototype it blew up in my face, literally."

I snort and lean forward to trace the scar lightly with my finger as I say "Did you forget about stabilizing the quantum field?" 

I glance down into Kara's eyes realizing how close I was I back away as she clears her throat and says "Yah I did." 

I nod slightly and continue eating my Mushu pork for a minute before Kara clears her throat and says "Do you have any favorite scars?" my smile falls and I drop my eyes to my thighs. I play it off as just being in deep thought but of course, Kara reads me like a book as always and grabs my hand. With a light squeeze, she adds "You don't have to say if you don't want to"

I nod and notice her finger tracing over my knuckles and a memory pops into my brain. 

I smile slightly and nod towards the small pale scar as I say "When I punched Lex I cut my knuckles and tore some skin. It hurt like a bitch but finally getting to sock him felt amazing."

Kara tilts her head back laughing at that before adding "Oh that is definitely something I wish I had a scar from punching your brother no offense." 

"Oh, you are fine he definitely deserved it," I say joining in her laughter.

 Something catches her attention and lifts her hand up to my face and my eyes widen as she rests her hand against my cheek and brings her thumb up to trace just above my lips as she says "How did you get this one?" in a soft tone. 

I unconsciously lean into her hand and it takes me a minute to comprehend her question and remember the answer. 

I gulp lightly and star into her eyes but her eyes don't meet mine they are training on the scar just above my lips. 

"I- uh- I when I was a kid someone was bullying my only friend so I defended her by the bullies kicked the shit out of me" she growls lowly and I blush looking down at my hands. 

Not for long though she lightly lifts my head so my eyes meet hers as she traces it once again. 

"That will never happen to you again Lena. As long as I am breathing no harm will come to you I promise."

I reach up and rest my hand on top of hers that was on my cheek as I give it a light squeeze and say "I appreciate that Kara. I may not have superpowers but I will do everything in my power to make sure you are safe for as long as I live." before I turn my head and place a light kiss onto her palm.

 I look back at Kara and I am overwhelmed with the emotion held inside her blue orbs. 

It was so overwhelming that I don't notice that we are both leaning in closer until her forehead is resting against mine. 

"Kara?" I say quietly. She hums slightly moving her attention from my eyes to my lips multiple times and when her eyes meet mine I could see the internal battle in her eyes "Don't over think it" 

Kara nods her forehead against mine before leaning in slow enough that I could move away or say no if I wanted to but I don't want too. 

Instead I bring my hand up to the back of her neck and tug her closer so our lips meet in the perfect kiss. 

I feel her smile into the kiss and I am starting to smile and eventually we have to pull away because we are smiling too much. 

"Please tell me we can do that again because that was the best kiss of my life and I don't think I could survive not kissing you again"

I chuckle softly and tug her closer as I say "Like I said don't over think Kara. I like you so feel free to kiss me whenever you want too."