Schemes

AN: Okay this story seriously works in both ways with Lena as the lead and as Kara as the lead but I am gonna do Kara cause (Also anyone who responded to my post please dm more info about the character you want me to write for you!)

ALSO, THIS IS INSPIRED BY A SCENE FROM YOUNG JUSTICE AND A SCENE FROM ZOOTOPIA THIS WILL BE A FAST CHAPTER BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY

3rd Person POV

Alex stands at the podium in front of the crowd of reports and cameras. Tears were welling in her eyes and she had to keep her shit together throughout her speech. 

"Thank you all for coming. As you heard Supergirl was attacked with a kryptonite bullet from an unknown assassin's gun last night. She fell from a great height and was immediately rushed to the hospital and doctors did everything possible to save her life-" everyone in the room gasped and I could feel realization dawning on everyone "but they were unfortunately too late despite the best efforts of Doctors Merideth Grey, Miranda Bailey, and Amelia Sheppard. Lena Luthor along with the entire force of the FBI tried their best as well to assist in any way and unfortunately, nothing could save the Girl of Steel-" 

Alex continues on with all the information she hated having to share with the world. 

Later in the hospital, Lena was hooked up to an IV after passing out from staying up for so long. 

Lena startles awake and wishes she didn't when she sees her brother sitting in a chair next to her bed. 

"Good your awake I don't need to waste any more time sitting around I have bigger things to be doing right now." 

"What do you want Lex?" 

"Oh I am not one to gloat but I couldn't resist in this case. With Superman off world and Supergirl dead I know have free reign to do whatever the hell I want with this country." Lena tries to move but finds that it her limbs are numb. "Oh don't bother Lena. We slipped a paralyzing agent into your IV should wear off when I am long gone"

"So you admit that you are responsible for the assassination of Supergirl?" Lena says as she continues to struggle. 

"Though I didn't pull the trigger I might as well have. This plan ended up exactly as I planned and you played your role perfectly. And if my next plans work as they will I will end up president of the united states and I will control the largest army in the world. I will be untouchable all while getting away completely scotch free and once in office I will have diplomatic immunity." 

Lena smirks and laughs in a chilling way that makes panic settle into the base of Lex's spine and start spreading throughout his entire body. 

"Do you think that's enough Alex?" 

"I do." Alex opens the curtain that divided Lena's room in half and steps forward surrounded by federal agents. Lex stands up and starts backing away "Do you agree Supergirl?" She steps aside and reveals a very much alive Supergirl who was bandaged and bruised and definitely not at 100% but she is alive which is all that mattered. 

"I do. Lex Luthor you are under arrest for attempted murder and treason against the nation of America" two guards grab him by the shoulders and place him in cuffs. 

"This won't last. You have nothing that will stick in a court of law. It's your word against mine." 

"Actually" Kara holds up a tape recorder and replays Lex's confession. "It's your word against your word and we will be taking down EVERYONE that is connected to" Lex starts thrashing as he is dragged out of the room Kara smiles and says "Best hustle ever" 

"Okay, I am gonna immediately tell the press that Supergirl is okay," Alex says pulling out her phone and organizing the press conference. They needed to make the country believe that Supergirl was dead to truly take down Lex and his entire organization of contacts. It was, unfortunately, necessary, and only Eliza and Supergirl's doctors knew what the truth was. 

Alex leaves and immediately explains what happened to the press. Lena smiles at Kara and sits up removing the tape that was holding the IV needle up against her skin to look like it was piercing her skin. She knew her brother was responsible and that he would try and immobilize her while he inevitably gloated so in reality he walked perfectly into their trap. 

It still scared the shit out of her that Kara almost died but she trusted their friends to save her life.