Animal Shelter

AN: I love animals more than humans and this is the first prompt I have had a passion for writing about in a minute so I hope you enjoy it. Also, I am trying slowly to get around to the pt 2 and threes of other stories but this is going to be cute fluff in the meantime. 

Also, there are going to be characters from the Hell's Bell's series from Sea.Ya.Later so credit to that amazing human for the characters she has created I just love them and wanted to include them in this story

IMPORTANT! Kara and Lena haven't met but Supergirl and Lena are friends (I hope that makes sense) (To be clear Kara is supergirl and has a crush on supergirl

Lena's POV

I turn when I hear the familiar thud of boots on my balcony. Supergirl knew my door was always open to her after she saved me from my mother's minions a couple of years ago. 

"Supergirl it's good to see you," I say with a smile as I turn and face her "What can I do for you this fine evening?" 

"Lena. It's good to see you as well" Supergirl steps further into my office and I motion for her to take a seat "I have a favor to ask and it so far below your pay grade and it's a big-" 

"Supergirl. You have saved my life more times than I can count no favor is too small of a favor." 

She gives me a thankful smile as she fiddles with her cape "A friend of mine. Well actually more- Well it's complicated but someone who is very close to Director Danvers and me, runs an animal shelter that is ancient and worn down and the place seriously needs an upgrade. The owner has the funds to upgrade the place from donations but no knowledge of anything related to technology. I know you probably don't know anything about animal-specific technology but you know a lot about it in general and could program things, so I told her I would ask if you could help-" 

I giggle and interrupt her ramble as I say "Supergirl any friend of yours is a friend of mine. Any friend of Alex's is a friend of mine. I will find time to help this person and I love animals so it will be a bonus to be able to help them as well" 

-------------------

2 weeks later

I shoot Supergirl on the watch she gave me that I was on my way to the animal shelter finally. I had no time for the last two weeks but I have finally had a gap in meetings to be able to come look at the animal shelter.  

It isn't far from L-Corp so I just walked there and once I reach the store I understood what Supergirl meant by the place needing renovations. It looked like the owner bought a diner from the 30s and converted it into a rescue. 

I push the door open and find a woman in her mid to late 20's reading a book and humming along to the music. When she hears the bell ring she says "Welcome in." I walk up to the desk and wait for her to finish her page "Sorry about that. How can I-" She finally looks up at me and her eyes go wide and her jaw hangs open 

"Umm, I am looking for the owner of this place?" I say trying to not show the confusion on my face. 

"LILY! I am not emotionally capable of handling or processing this." She calls over her shoulder. 

A small blonde teenager walks out of the back room and says "What's wrong Rugs, Lily is giving Cosmo a bathhhhh- Holy shit balls you are Lena Luthor"

I laugh and say "Yes, I am looking for the owner of this place, Kara I think is her name." 

"LILY! Neither of us are qualified enough for this!" 

A tall redheaded middle aged women comes out half drenched and wearing a apron that didn't seem to do much "WHAT? You two have worked here long enough to be able to handle things. And as punishment you two get to go deal with the huskie I left screaming in-" She finally sees me and I give her a small wave. "I...see the issue. Ms. Luthor how can we help you today?"