National Coming Out Day

AN: HEY!! HAPPY NATIONAL (U.S.A Idk if it is for other countries but fuck it) COMING OUT DAY YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMANS! 

SO IN HONOR OF NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY I AM GOING TO SHARE MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH COMING OUT AND BECAUSE I LOVE SUPERCORP I AM GOING TO SHARE WHAT I THINK KARA, LENA, AND MAYBE SOME OTHER CHARACTERS EXPERIENCES WERE COMING OUT

------------------------------

So!!!!! This is kinda a three-part story cause I shit you not I have come out three times 

I have been out of the closet since I was 14 I am now 19 (Idk if that's old or young compared to u guys but yah!) 

So I first came out as bisexual (Yeah no I am a lesbian (nothing against bisexual queens kings and royalty) it just wasn't my sexuality.) I told my friends first and then slowly worked up the courage to tell my family. 

Honestly, I think I told my sister first (Which is shocking considering I have no relationship with her and have not gotten along with her ever) and then I told my Mom

Which let me tell you I was a dumbass on where I decided to tell her. If you want the chaos of that story I will tell you but I am not sharing unless y'all give me like 20 comments and like 40 votes cause it is embarrassing AF. 

So I told them but still tried to be attracted to men (Which no offense to men but women are better) that lasted till sophomore year of HS (so like a year) 

Sophomore year I realized yah I only like women and then Junior year 

*insert dramatic music*

I started questioning my gender of course. 

Junior year I came out as Non-binary was immediately dismissed by my mother and sister to start. My dad didn't dismiss me but didn't try and stick up for me.

I didn't get thrown out of the house or anything which was incredibly lucky but my confidence was destroyed. 

I definitely stayed in the closet with my friends about my gender longer because of my parent's reaction. 

Eventually, my mom made a backhanded comment about not assuming someone's gender and I pretty much told her fuck you, you can't say that when you completely ignored my gender. 

She realized her response was transphobic and actually started being respectful ish (She tries her best but she fucks up my pronouns a lot)

I am proud of my identity but even after 3 years of being out as a non-binary human, I am still working on sticking up for myself and my pronouns (As any trans/nonbinary/gender-fluid/ genderqueer people know that can be really difficult) 

As my confidence as a non-binary person grew I realized the name I was born to was not for me and really didn't fit who I was. I told family and friends I want to be Max and besides a bump or two, I was met with an overwhelming amount of support from everyone around me. 

I left to go to a college where no one knew me so no one knew my dead name and it was a gratifying experience. 

I am on the golf team at my school and I am lucky enough to have the most amazing supportive teammates in the freaking world. 

They are my best friends and I love them with my whole heart. 

They are also crazy people but in the best way. (Also I am so no biggie) 

So that is my experience so far and I plan on getting top surgery in the near future! So I will keep you updated on that cause Idk who else to talk to. 

So that is my story! Share your own in the comments or message me! I will be responding to all that decide to comment! 

----------------------

Kara's Coming out story in my opinion

I think Kara knew she was pansexual from a really young age because most people are on Krypton but after the explosion and she went to earth she didn't want to feel like more of an outsider because of her sexuality so she hide it after seeing the homophobia that exists. 

---------------

Alex's story we see so I'm not gonna address that

--------------

Sam's

Sam figured out she was bisexual in high school after watching Buffy the vampire slayer and falling in love with Willow. 

No one really believed her when she started dating her Ex and got pregnant with Ruby. 

She didn't want to date anyone until she met Alex and saw how amazing the woman is.

They start dating 5 months after Alex and Kelly decided to stay friends. 

On Ruby's 17th birthday Alex legally adopts her. 

-----------------

Nia

After coming out as trans on TV as Dreamer she becomes a role model for all young queer kids who needed an icon to look up to. She becomes an editor when Kara takes over as CEO. 

-------------

Lena

Even though her mothers is a fucking bitch and Lex is a psychopath both of them accept Lena from a young age as a Lesbian. 

She was private about her sexuality because of bullies and then didn't want to give the world more reason to hate her. 

---------------