Silent Knight (AU)

AN: In honor of the holidays the title is as it is. BUT this chapter has nothing to do with christmas or the holidays. that is why I spelled "knight" the way I did.

about the story: 

Lena is the second princess of the National Kingdom. (The Luthor's are not evil in this) Her brother left to be a general in the war so she is stuck with more responsibilities as the only heir left in the kingdom. 

The war is going on 20 years now.

With the war ragging on the King and Queen receive death threats toward their daughter. With Prince Lex off at war and them getting on in years they are worried about leaving their kingdom with out a ruling family. 

The fear is only increased with the recent memory of the destruction of their closest allies the Kryptonian Kingdom 7 years ago. 

Daxamites put a bounty on all Kryptonian heads (because Kryptonian's are known for being the most skilled fighter. It does help they have increased senses versus other races)  so the race is presumed to be whipped out. 

The Rulers decide to enlist the help of a famous fighting family. Specifically the two daughters. 

Even with her life in the balance Lena is not happy about having a babysitter. 

Part of this chapter includes characters using the equivalent of sign language I know nothing about sign language so I won't be descriptive of it. 

Lena is 22 and Kara is 20. 

Lena's POV

A maid bows to me before she walks out of the library I was currently reading in. 

She informed me that my parents wanted me in the throne room. 

That is never a good sign. 

They never interrupt my reading unless it was truly important. 

I shut the book I was reading about dead religions and stand heading out the door at a brisk pace. 

The two knights who had been following me for the last three weeks fall into pace behind me in their light metal armor strapped to their chest and broad swords strapped to their sides. 

The man on the right was a tall dark skinned man named James. He was the head guard and responsible for all security in the castle. The man next to him was a knight's apprentice named Winn. 

The man was short and stick thin. 

I have seen him spar James. He could barely lift the sword long enough to protect himself. Though he has explained that he only joined to improve the knights technology. And the light weight armor they are currently sporting is evidence of all he has done for the kingdom. 

My parents hate that he is one of my two guards but I fought them on this. Winn usually sneaks into the library and talks with me about all he is working on. I help when I can but my parents stop me. 

It doesn't take long to reach the throne room. 

I don't have to stop the guards say us coming and opens the doors for us. 

I walk in and see my parents sitting on their respective thrones. Mine was empty on my mothers left and my brothers was empty on my fathers left. 

They both have serious looks on their faces as they look down at me from the raised area. 

"Honey, we know you have been on happy with your current guard situation. So we have a change that should be better for you." 

I nod trying to suppress my smile as I say "Good. You have finally seen my side and agreed that I don't need guards following me around."