All Hail the Queen

AN: 

SMUT WARNING

Lena's POV

My throne is uncomfortable.

Thrones shouldn't be uncomfortable.

I am the fucking queen for Pete's sake! I am ruling a country give me a damn comfy chair at least people. It shouldn't be that much to ask for.

I huff and I shift in my seat as the next citizen steps forward.

My anger and frustration rise to new heights when he doesn't drop into a bow when he is finally in front of me.

Before he can even talk I raise a hand and shut him up before he can say anything.

I stand from my chair and all the nobles and servants who were sitting quickly stand with me before dropping into slight bows except for the man in front of me.

I sweep my eyes over the crowd and make brief contact with my handmaid, Kara, who was standing by the door and trying to suppress a smirk that was starting to form on her face.

I give everyone a fierce and intimidating glare which causes most if not all eyes to look at the ground and all bows to depend. 

After sweeping my gaze across the room I return my glare back to the man in front of me.

Through gritted teeth, I say "Bow" in a low but authoritative voice.

He gives me a weird look as he says "What?"

"I said bow. I am your queen and you will show proper respect." I say while walking down off the dais that my throne was on.

Everyone drops into lower bows.

"What if you don't deserve the throne?" He says causing gasps and murmurs and shouts of protest.

"What did you say?" I say with a growl.

"I said you don't deserve the throne," he says as he charges at me.

Before he gets even close to me Kara was in front of me with a sword drawn pointed at his throat.

He stops before he gets impaled and I see he has wide eyes and I call out "Guards!" they are already rushing forward and force him to the ground as they tie his hands behind his back. "Throw him out" 

Kara is a skilled fighter and is smarter than almost all of my generals which is part of the reason she is my head handmaid. She helps me and protects me from people trying to kill me and take over my throne. She has a network of informants that tell her everything. 

Kara's POV

I can feel the anger radiating off of Lena after the long day as she says in a loud booming voice "Court is dismissed. Everyone out. Now."

Everyone quickly files out of the throne room and I turn to her and say "My lady I think it is time for you to retire to your chambers"

Lena was on her throne with her hand rubbing her eyes. When she looks up to make eye contact with me I can see just how tired she is.

I walk closer to the throne and offer her my hand while I giver her an understanding smile.

She grabs my hand and the usual sparks run up my body.

I lead her through the winding corridors of the palace to her room on the uppermost levels. All the servants and nobles knew better than to bother the queen after a court session like that.

It takes us a couple of minutes to reach her room she enters first and I shut the door behind us. 

"Well that sucked ass," Lena says as she flops on the bed.