Ice Skating

Hey. Its Ruddiger, and you're reading a One Shot called Ice Skating. Dun-un-nan...

Okay yeah, so I saw that on one of the one shots I was reading yesterday, I am so sorry for forgetting who wrote that otherwise there would be a shout out here for them with their name, but I read so many one shots from different books, so I have no idea.
But you know who you are!

Now to da book!

Future Ruddiger here...
I just had the worst morning! I woke up late (which gets on my nerves), my eyes were acting up like crazy (idk if you guys know about my eye twitching/blinking problem, where my eyes flutter rapidly), then I told me dad I was going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but I ended up jist crying.
Yeah, this morning was rough and it was only because I woke up late!

Okay, you cane go read now.

-------------------

It was the middle of Winter. It was snowing, the lakes and rivers froze.

"Don't you just love winter?" You asked your best friend as the two of you walked up the hill. "Meh. But sometimes the snow can be used for experiments." Varian shrugged. "Come on, Var. Look at the trees and the white fluffy snow. Its all beautiful!" You exclaimed looking all around you. "Not as beautiful as you." Varian whispered under his breath. You know he said something but you didn't hear the words he said, "What'd say?" " I said here we are." Varian lied. The two of you made it to the top of the hill.

"Stand here." You said made sure Varian was directly underneath a tree branch full of snow. "Why do I need to stand here?" Varian questioned. "Just give me a second, then you'll see." You slowly backed up. You ran full speed towards Varian and hit the branch above him. All the snow that was on top of the tree branch now was on top of Varian. Varian fell over when the snow hit him. You giggled then helped him out. "I... Hate you... So much... Right now." Varian struggled finishing his sentence because of how out of breath he was from the snow. When a lot of snow falls on top of you its hard to get out. "Hey! That's rude. Understandable, but rude." You crossed your arms. "You know I didn't mean it, right?" Varian apologized. You rolled your eyes and smirked.

The two of you walked away from the tree, well more of Varian dragging you away because he didn't want more snow on his head, and sat down in the snow. You and Varian looked down at all of Old Corona from the top of the hill you were both on.

You were snugged in Varian's arms so the two of you could stay warm, "You know, I really like this." "Like what?" Varian looked down at the girl who was curled up against him. "I really like this. You holding me so the both of us can stay warm. I actually like being in your arms." You realized what you had just said and you were thinking that saying that gave Varian the wrong idea. "And I like holding you in arms." Varian held you a little tighter. The two of you just stared at each other then at each others lips. Varian noticed that you were looking at his lips so he pulled you even closer to him. You both leaned in.

Your lips almost touched and then...

"There you two are! We've been looking everywhere for you! The gang and I wondered if you would like to join us for a little ice skating. So do you wanna come?" Rapunzel had just made it up to the top of the hill with Eugene following behind. You and Varian's eyes widened realizing what would've happened if Rapunzel didn't climb up the hill. The two of you let go and scooted away from each other. "Ooooooo! Was I interrupting something here? Possibly my sister having her first kiss?" Rapunzel teased even though she felt like throwing a party that her sister almost kissed a boy. You and Varian blushed. "Yeah, sure. We would love to come." You answered. You and Varian got up and walked down the hill with Rapunzel and Eugene. "Or maybe instead of loving to come, you love her." Eugene whispered into Varian's ear making Varian blush even harder.

-
-
-

"Here we are!" Rapunzel smiled as the four of you walked up to Cass, Lance, Kiera and Catalina putting on their ice skates at a frozen pond. "You know what? I think I'm gonna get going." Varian tried to walk away but you grabbed his shoulder making him turn back around. "You don't know how to skate, do you?" You smirked knowing the answer to that would be no. "Ok fine, I don't know how to skate." Varian crossed his arms. "Here, I'll teach you." You smiled grabbing his hand and pulling him over to the two extra pairs of ice skates Rapunzel had brought for You and Varian.

After getting on the ice skates and talking to your friends, Varian finally got the courage to let you help him onto the ice and teach him how to ice skate. Lance and Eugene had already gone out, so did Kiera and Catalina. Cass just sat on the bench that was by the pond and laughed at how almost every time Eugene would move he'd face plant. Kiera and Catalina were skating normally while Lance was dancing on the ice (he did have skates on, not just regular shoes to dance on the ice).

You helped Varian walk over to the pond since he couldn't walk with the 'stupid dumb ice skates', that's what Varian calls them, on. You got on the ice first, you hadn't ice skated in a while so you started to slip once you got on but you caught yourself from falling. You grabbed Varian's hands and helped him onto the ice. He lost his balance at first but you caught him. "Haha, thanks." Varian was embarrassed a little.

Once Varian stopped falling over almost every 2 and a half seconds, you finally started to explain how to ice skate. "Okay, you can stand right, because I'm gonna let go of your hand." Varian nodded yes to your question. "Good now, I'm going to let go." You said as you slowly let go of Varian's hand and backed up. "Look, (Y/n)! I'm doing it!" Varian cheered. You giggled at his reaction then said, "Alright, now that you can stand, watch me." You slowly ice skated away from him then came back. Varian watched how your feet moved. Once you came back Varian looked up to you. "Do you think you can try or do you want to watch me some more?" You asked. "I think I'm ready to try but will you hold my hand?" Varian gave you a small smile. "Of course." You grabbed his hand and slowly started to skate with Varian. Little did you know the rest of the group were watching you and Varian the whole time.

"They would make a great couple." Cass said as her and the gang watched the two of you ice skate. "Of course they would. I would try to get them together but I promised you and Eugene that I wouldn't become Cupid for one whole month. One whole month!" Rapunzel was upset that she wasn't allowed to get you and Varian together. Kiera crossed her arms, "Gross! Love is just gross!" Lance giggled, "Heh, they look cute."

As Lance said that, Varian fell over but since he was holding your hand you fell over too. You landed right on top of Varian. You stated at him and he stared at you then you jumped off of him and stood up. You helped Varian up. Once the two of you were up Varian cleared his throat, "Sorry, for pulling us down and... Thanks... for, uh, helping me up." "Uh... No problem... And, uh, sorry for, you know, landing on top of you." You looked away. "No, no, its fine. Can we just get back to the ice skating lesson?" Varian asked still a little bit embarrassed about what just happened. "Yeah, sure." You looked up. There was a small awkward silence while you and Varian stared at each other. "Okay, my lesson now?" Varian snapped out of the stare. "Yep." You grabbed his hand and continued the ice skating lesson. The two of you pretend like the whole thing never happened.

------------------

Author's Note

That was kinda awkward(ish). I usually try to end my One Shots with you and Varian dating. But I had no idea how to make that happen, so there you go!

Do you have any ideas? Put your request here:

See ya soon,
Ruddiger

Word Count: 1399