Part 3 ~ Tangled Before Ever After

Rapunzel thinks for a minute before there's a knock on the door. "The royal banquet is ready to receive the princesses now." Says the person who knocked on the door. "Cheer up, Raps." You say before walking to the door and leaving, heading to the banquet. "Hey, maybe your dad got someone to chew your food for ya." You hear Cass say.

You were sitting with your mom and dad at the front of the throne room. Rapunzel came into the room and sat down in the empty seat that was between you and your father. "Let the royal banquet begin!" King Frederick announced to the guests. Everyone started eating.

You heard Rapunzel and your Dad talking about Rapunzel's day off. You were to lost in your own thoughts as you ate so you weren't paying attention to their conversation.

A thousand thoughts ran through your head. Okay, it was more like two, but the two were still crazy enough.

'Who was that boy and what's his name? Why did the Duchess have a fake accent and where have I seen that fan?' Those thoughts kept running through your head.

You snap out of your thoughts when you hear Eugene clear his throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, dukes and duchesses, barons and baronesses, marques and, you know, the female version of those, may I share a moment of history with you?" Eugene starts, "Princess, would you join me up here?" Eugene holds out his hand for Rapunzel. Rapunzel gets up and comes around the table, to Eugene. You can tell your dad is on edge by the way he got a little suspicious. Eugene continues of what he was saying before, "Tonight, we celebrate our love for the princess." Rapunzel leans back to look at Cass. Cass just shrugs. They both look at you and you shrug. Rapunzel looks back over to Eugene as he continues with his big speech, "I can think of no better way to celebrate the love I have for this woman than this." Eugene got down on one knee. The kings jaw drops, then yours, then Cass's then lastly Pascal's jaw drops.

Cass looks over to you and mouths 'Did you know about this?' 'Kinda.' You mouth back. 'What?!' Cass's eyes widen. 'I told him not to do it." You mouth. Cass draws her attention back to Rapunzel and Eugene and you do the same.

"Oh, Eugene! Wait, did you drop something?" Rapunzel asks. "No." Eugene pulls out the box with the ring in it. Rapunzel smiles.

'Wait. Did he steal that? Nah, he's changed. But still.' You think to yourself as you look at the big diamond on the ring.

"Rapunzel, from the moment I first met you, and you knocked me out with that frying pan, I knew it was love." Eugene started saying as he stayed on one knee, "You're my light. You're my best friend and I want to be your partner in all things. I can't wait to laugh with you and share with you. I see us raising our children here. And our children's children. And celebrating banquets of our own in this very hall for many, many, many, many years to come. I want to ride our horses out to the Corona wall together, each and every morning, until we're both very, very old and grey. I love you Rapunzel. And I want to spend the rest of our lives here, together." "Here, in this... castle...," Rapunzel said, "forever?" "I mean, unless you want to rent, but I hardly see how we'll top this." Eugene said. Rapunzel's eyes widened. "Rapunzel? Rapunzel?" Eugene asked since Rapunzel wasn't responding. Rapunzel sighs, "I... Wow. I love you, Eugene, but... I can't. Just not, not now. Um... I need some air." Rapunzel ran out of the throne room.
You and Cass both glared at Eugene.

It was now night and Rapunzel was pacing in her room as she talked to you and Cass. "Oh, I feel horrible about Eugene." Rapunzel started, "I do love him, and I want to marry him someday. But not like this." Rapunzel stops pacing. "I told him, he shouldn't do it." You say. Rapunzel looks over to you. "He told me he was gonna propose and I said he should wait a little. I thought he'd listen." You waved your hands in the air as you said your last sentence. "Its Eugene. Of course he's not gonna listen." Cass looked over to you before looking back to Rapunzel.

"Ugh. I need to get out and clear my head, without a fleet of guards training me." Rapunzel says. "Say no more." You and Cass say in sinc.

-----
Sorry that these are so short. I just wanted to spand this out for a few days. Also I haven't been able to fully complete this movie so that's why this is so short.
Word Count: 815