Maleval (Maleficent x Diaval)

Can I just say I hate the name "Diaval" so much? Diablo is a cool and badass name.

"Diaval" is... I can't think of a good analogy, it's a weird name that's what it is.

Now, I'm not gonna lie I hate these Movies with a passion, but yeah I could see this.

But I also have mixed feelings and I've been wanting to talk about this forever, so here we go.

Diablo feels like he's actually trying to raise and take care of this child, that I'll remind you, Maleficent cursed. Maleficent spends her time mostly absent as a deadbeat mom who's only there for the fun or vaguely life threatening parts.

That even goes on in Maleficent 2 where Diablo seems happy for his... adopted Daughter I guess, and genuinely tries to support her through her odd relationship with the Prince of blandness, whereas Maleficent seems genuinely opposed to the idea of Phillips... existence.

I feel like they're a married couple... but not the wholesome, good kind... more like the married couple from Boomer Memes where they're like "I hate my wife".

Then there's also the fact that Diablo is basically her slave, and I feel like that isn't exactly a healthy relationship dynamic.

I'm just so conflicted on this, because on one hand they act like a married couple, on the other this doesn't seem like it's that great of a relationship dynamic.

Like Diablo basically says he's her Servant, and I just feel like that's not great if you want an actual relationship.

As for Maleficent 2, they're apart for most of it so who cares.

The weird thing is, I actually kinda like the idea of them together, they can have some nice moments.

...on the other hand it just feels a little off?

And I haven't even gotten into Maleficents... History with relationships yet. Yeah, they're probably both immortal and she'll probably pursue dating again at some point, but I doubt that'll be too soon.

So just to recap, they raised a kid together, but also didn't. They can have kind of a cute dynamic, but also one's the others Crow slave. They could be a married couple but also Maleficent isn't ready for that.

Can you see why this Ship confuses me?

I'm in a constant argument with myself here, do I love or hate this Ship? It's unclear by this point.

Usually with ships like these it's very easy for me to tell if I love or hate it, but with this it's just-

You know what? F*ck it. I'm gonna let my thirteen year old self decide, she actually LIKED this Movie, unlike current me who refuses to call one of the Characters by his actual name.

So take it away, thirteen year old me.

9/10, they're a really cute ship and their parental dynamic with Aurora is just adorable.

And current me would give it a 5/10, it's Maleficent, who cares?