Sebariel (Sebastian & Ariel)

⚠️THIS IS ALSO A PLATONIC SHIP⚠️

So I have a new way of showing a thing is platonic in this. I just say "&" instead of "x"... really simple actually, I already fixed that issue in the Lilo & Scar Chapter.

So I really wanted to talk about Sebastian and Ariel because I love their Friendship? And not EVERYTHING in this has to be romantic.

Controversial opinions ahead!!

Sebastian is a better father figure to Ariel than Triton is.

I feel like he genuinely cares about her and supports her more than Triton ever did. Not to mention he took care of both Ariel and Melody while Triton was off in the Ocean.

Sebastian straight up almost got eaten, and still helped Ariel. Triton couldn't even look at her treasure trove without being racist and blowing it to hell.

The part where he just,,, gives Ariel advice on how to romance Eric and she just excitedly jumps on the bed and he seems so fond of her and???

It's all just so sweet.

I have so much sympathy for Sebastian, because A) he has to work with Tritons racist loud boomer ass, and B) Ariel is kind of a responsible adults nightmare. She essentially sold her soul to a sea witch because she wanted to be transracial, any adult would get a MASSIVE headache just thinking about her. I'm getting a headache thinking about that decision AND I'M NOT AN ADULT.

And yet. Sebastian still looks after her, he puts his own biases aside to help her out and then straight up told Triton to let her live her own fucking life.

Also, and I don't know if this is a bad sign. Ariel seems to be so close to Sebastian compared to literally every other adult in the movie? He doesn't just seem like her dad's co worker to her, he seems like an actual caretaker.

Yes. I know, ones a crab, the others a Mermaid-Human. But you know what? Crabs have the same fundamental rights as mermaids in this Universe and they should be treated equally.

10/10 they give me father/daughter vibes and it's adorable.