Jimcules (Jim x Hercules)

I don't know why, but this just gives me a wave of Nostalgia.

Like, this ship just gives me the vibes of the classic Disney Ships I talked about in the first book. Like Ariel x Tarzan, I don't know why, but it just gives me that vibe.

And I kind of love it for that.

It's just... I can see it happening, but I also can't.

Like they're so similar and yet so different and it kind of annoys me.

I will also acknowledge that they're roughly the same age, however, Jim looks twelve and Hercules looks like he's in his late 20s, and it's confusing.

Like Jim is supposed to be fifteen and Hercules in the beginning of his Movie is sixteen, and also looks like it at that point.

And I just feel like this is a completely different ship when you go by Hercules in the first ten minutes of the Movie. I just find him much more chill and relatable in that sense.

And you know maybe if this Ship was based off of Herc in the first ten minutes starting his training with Phil, while also developing a romance with Jim, I could see that.

Literally, I have an image in my head where Herc just fails at an obstacle course while Jim is just casually sitting against a tree trunk with Pegasus, watching him.

I don't know why I have that specific image in my Head, but it's there now, and it's making me like this Ship.

Pacing while writing can really give you a different perspective on things, I should do this more often!

I think my main problem with this Ship is Hercules in the rest of the Movie, and before you say anything, I love him.

HOWEVER

I find it much harder to relate to him in this godly heroic form, and it makes it kind of hard for me to see him with someone like Jim for some reason.

It's the Bruce Banner effect. Love the Hulk, Banner is objectively better.

While I will admit, the height difference is objectively fun, I love couples where one is just super short and the other is a f*cking Mountain.

The problem isn't the height, it's this buff godly form.

I really don't know how else to explain it.

I'm gonna give this two scores, because I'm so confused at this point.

9/10, if we're going by sixteen year old Herc.

4/10, if we're going by eighteen year old Herc.

This Chapter was so confusing, but also so much fun to write.