Esmescarlda (Esmeralda x Scar)

I found this while I was researching the whole Frollo/Coraline thing, and I was so distracted by that, my brain initially didn't even recognize the problem with this.

And I mean why would it?

This is a regular ship between two stylish gays.

Just two fashionable Disney icons in a loving relationship. One's a Villain, one's a hero, that could have some nice enemy to lovers action right?

They give off such big theater kid energy, it's only natural they decide to date. Nothing wrong here, no siree.

Oh there is of course the one thing-

ONE'S A   F U C K I N G   LION.

Honestly if Scar wasn't? Maybe, sure. I can see your point.

HE IS UNFORTUNATELY VERY MUCH A LION.

But I can hear you say "Don't you like Roger x Jessica? How is that any different?"

Well as I explained in that Chapter (and many others) there's a difference between like... Judy Hopps from Zootopia and Thumper from Bambi. One is clearly anthropomorphic and civilized and the other... isn't.

Take Ducktales, all the main Characters in that Show... are Ducks, and yet one of the very first shots in the show is a regular animal seagull being chased away by sailors or something. Or take the Goofy and Pluto thing.

You wouldn't ship that Seagull with Donald Duck and you wouldn't ship Pluto with Goofy. They're technically the same species, but that's not the problem here.

As for Scar... on the Judy Hopps/Thumper alignment chart, he is, and I never thought I'd say this, way more similar to Thumper.

I'd argue he acts the most like a lion than any other character in that movie but alas.

Anyway.

Very clear, non subtle Zoophilia/Beastiality  going on here. How about no?

-10000000000000000/10

Also, can I just say:

EXPLAINING WHAT COUNTS AS ZOOPHILIA IN THE DISNEY UNIVERSE IS NOT WHAT I FUCKING WANTED OUT OF LIFE.