Sleeping Warrior (Aurora x Mulan) [Revisited]

In the spirit of Pride Month, I'd like to revisit another one of my earliest ships. Sleeping Warrior.

They're still so cute.

While I do acknowledge the fact that I could be a pretty toxic shipper when I first got into this ship, probably because I was thirteen and I SUCKED. As you can probably tell by the theme these past couple chapters have had, I'm moving on and would like to be a better person now please. And also end this book once and for all because it's reminding me of the fucking demon I was back in the day.

So. Sleeping Warrior is still one of my favorite ships, and I feel like it could work well both if they dated and their boyfriends dated each other and if they dated their boyfriends and each other.

This is a really good ship, and Sleeping Warrior antis, do not interact.

To better understand this ship, let's get into both of our girls, starting with Aurora.

Aurora's a dreamer trapped in a Forest and later trapped in a Castle. She grew up lonely and isolated from everyone but Fairies. Which is probably why she has the same energy as them. Seeing her dance around with her animals and gracefully sing about love and dreams, truly does feel like I'm watching a Fairy in the making.

Mulan on the other hand, is a clumsy outsider who grew up trying to make her family proud, to honor their ancestors. She loves nothing more than her Family and she was willing to die protecting them. She threw herself into war for her father. And she still went out of her way to save her home after it treated her like fucking shit.

Mulan is a selfless protector, and I can see her trying to protect Aurora from all the evil in the world. I can see a fic where Aurora goes out into the wild world for the first time, all the misfortune attempts to befall her, everything tries to kill her, and she just keeps being positive while Mulan fights literally everything off and is probably exhausted 24/7.

On the flip side, Aurora is a caring ray of sunshine, and could help Mulan when she's too hard on herself as she really often is. Aurora could help her when she's hurt, so that she, I don't know, maybe doesn't go into a viscous battle with a stab wound.

Also Aurora seems really shy and quiet when meeting new people, and Mulan's just awkward in general, so seeing them try to interact with each other for the first time would be an experience.

I also give you the mental image of Aurora's animal friends interacting with Mulan's animal friends. Or just Aurora interacting with Mushu oh my god-

There's not much to say here, it's just one of the sweetest Disney Ships in my opinion.

Mulan and Aurora are pretty well made for each other, and I need more content out of them. Give me witch AUs, give me their boring live action versions in love!

Make a Sleeping Warrior/BNHA AU if you have to, just give me more content, I need it.

20/10.

Mulan and Aurora are also bicons. Both of them. It's more obvious in Mulan's case, but boy, Aurora's a distinguished bisexual.