Pepalix (Pepa x Felix)

I think a big part of the reason as to why I love Encanto so much is just because of how it portrays the relationship dynamics between the adults.

Like in most Disney Movies, they either get no focus or have no interesting dynamics, in my opinion at least.

I have no interest in seeing how Mulan or Judy's Parents got together. I don't wanna see a comprehensive story on how Simba's parents met. Why? Because they're not interesting and their time together isn't focused on.

Encanto on the other hand, presented this goofy, flirty relationship between two of the side Characters that don't get that much focus in the Movie, so much so, that there's been SO MUCH fanart of how the two met. All of which are like "Felix saw inherent beauty in Pepa's gift and Pepa immediately decided to marry him". I fucking LOVE the Encanto Fandom.

Anyway, their interactions are limited, and I wish they'd gotten more screen time. The thing is that doesn't subtract from how much I love them so let's continue.

I love their goofy little relationship, I love how you can still see slight flaws in it, Felix can talk over Pepa, and Pepa can and will get annoyed by it (see: We don't talk about Bruno).

They're also so warm and affectionate towards each other, like they seem to genuinely love each other so much???

Also, I know they mainly focused on how Bruno accidentally started a hurricane during their Wedding, when talking about it, but I feel like when Felix says "What a joyous day but anyway," he's implying they still enjoyed the fuck out of it??? Cause they were together??? And they love each other???

And I love them???

You know those early Disney Songs, where they sing about how in love they are and have a nice montage. I would LOVE something similar for them, like this nice 2D animation style, nice calming music, to be honest one could argue I want them to get a Fantasia style short too.

Like one where they first meet and it's a particularly emotional day for Pepa but Felix keeps trying to find a way to make her laugh.

This couple has SO MUCH POTENTIAL GUYS.

Another thing I wanna mention before I reach a verdict is their kids. I don't bring this up a lot, because I only really do it for the BNHA Fandom, but I love making love children for my OTPs.

So the fact. That this movie. Not only did that FOR me, they also managed to make the kids so DARN likable, and give them such a genuinely GOOD dynamic with their parents? That's some good shit man.

Yeah I adore Encanto in case you couldn't tell.

10/10. It's an OTP for sure.