Marilores (Mariano Guzmán x Dolores Madrigal)

We're in the Encanto era, I have to admit that now.

Let me just say, I feel really bad for Dolores.

She had to listen to the man she loved, talk about how much he's into her cousin for likely MONTHS.

Dolores is sweet and lovable she didn't deserve this.

As weird as you could argue Mariano getting dumped by a girl and then immediately hooking up with her cousin is, please consider this: Mariano is a well meaning idiot.

A Himbo, if you will.

The realization that Mariano was probably just a Himbo pretty much struck down all the concerns I had for this ship, and now I kinda love it.

Mariano just genuinely wants to show love and affection to a partner, whichever way possible. He literally writes poems before bed and I 100% believe they're love poems about no one in particular. I feel like he's just a really sweet romantic that wants to find love. Kinda like an early Disney Princess, but in Himbo form.

Dolores on the other hand? Also really sweet. I love how she simultaneously can't keep secrets, and also didn't snitch on Bruno for eleven years straight, because she wasn't about to blow his cover. She just seems so well meaning and never once tried to get between Isabela's relationship with Mariano, despite the circumstances she was in.

I love that the romance wasn't a huge focus of the Movie, and that Dolores and Isabela never seemed venomous or angry with each other, like this is the only kind of love triangle I actually like. Is it a love triangle? I don't know, it feels like one.

That being said, I would've at least liked one more scene with them before they got together, like maybe just a small talk? I don't know, maybe that wouldn't fit.

Then again, if my biggest problem with a canon ship is that I wanted more of it, does that REALLY make it worse? I'd argue wanting more of something and wanting to see a ship grow IS WHAT MAKES A SHIP GOOD.

So yes. I 100% approve of this.

9/10, they're great for each other.

Also I am planning on wrapping this book up soon (!!!), so if you guys have any requests, that goes for both ships and drawings of ships, now is the time to send them in y'all. I don't know how much longer I'm gonna do this. But it has to end someday.

So send me your requests if you have any! See you guys in the next chapter!